Pre-Game Talk: CARPHI, 7PM, THU.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Repurposing from another thread:

The Flyers visit the Caps on Wednesday on national TV, having won six straight and standing only three points behind WSH for the Metro division lead. That game is going to get all the hype, and deservedly so. Then they have to come home to host us the next night, after we've had four days off, presumably to rest, recover, maybe get a goalie healthy, and have a handful of practices to acclimate the new guys.

IMO, this game is set up for us to win. If we can't capitalize on a team coming down off a huge high the night before and traveling, then we're just not good enough. We may still make the playoffs (finishing ahead of FLA, CLB and NYR isn't a very high bar), but we simply lack the killer instinct we had last season.

I kinda like it. But we're really at a "rearranging deck chairs" point, IMO. We need guys to play better. Chemistry isn't the issue. And I'm still mad Bean isn't up yet. I'm certain the D will include Gardiner and Edmundson, which is our current weakest link, including the goaltending.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I think balancing the lines might be a must without Hamilton. He was a 25 goal scorer you could just drop in with any line to make them better. Now it's all on the forwards to produce, and that's a lot of tougher to do without one of the big 3 out there creating offense.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
There really aren't excuses at this point. They need to win. They need to play with energy. Players like Jordan Staal who have been utterly useless all year need to put their asses in gear. Williams needs to call a players only meeting and read these guys the riot act.

At the end of the day, it's on the players. They need to perform. They can, we've seen it. But they need to put in the work from the drop of the puck. If they can't win this game, then they simply aren't a playoff team.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
NACHOS-TROCHECK-SVECH

THIS SOUNDS FUN.

giphy.gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So what the OP is saying is that the conditions are relatively favorable for the Canes on Thursday.

It's a good thing this team is known for taking advantage of such situations. It certainly won't be a lackluster effort that makes one question why one even pays attention to the team in the first place.

BRB, putting all money on the Flyers.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So what the OP is saying is that the conditions are relatively favorable for the Canes on Thursday.

It's a good thing this team is known for taking advantage of such situations. It certainly won't be a lackluster effort that makes one question why one even pays attention to the team in the first place.

BRB, putting all money on the Flyers.
giphy.gif

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
There really aren't excuses at this point. They need to win. They need to play with energy. Players like Jordan Staal who have been utterly useless all year need to put their asses in gear. Williams needs to call a players only meeting and read these guys the riot act.

At the end of the day, it's on the players. They need to perform. They can, we've seen it. But they need to put in the work from the drop of the puck. If they can't win this game, then they simply aren't a playoff team.

This was Tweeted after the Colorado game...wonder who said what? More please, as it almost succeeded. At least, the effort escalated.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
This was Tweeted after the Colorado game...wonder who said what? More please, as it almost succeeded. At least, the effort escalated.

This is what pisses me off about this team. They need a pep talk every intermission in order to pick it up a notch? How about start the damn game on time and play 60 minutes. No wonder they give up a goal in the first 5 minutes every game....

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Mrazek still 7-10 days out. But sure, they didn’t need goaltending help at the deadline. Just a rental defenseman who also isn’t playing. They’ll be 7 points out before he even plays.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Mrazek still 7-10 days out. But sure, they didn’t need goaltending help at the deadline. Just a rental defenseman who also isn’t playing. They’ll be 7 points out before he even plays.

I get the frustration here, but we've scored 1, 2 (only after falling behind 2-0) and 3 (only after falling behind 3-0) goals in the three games since the deadline. Of those six goals in three games, we've scored *zero* in the first period and two in the second period. So, in three games, we're averaging going to the third period with 0.67 goals.

IMO, Lehner would have added approximately *zero* points to our 0-2-1 record post-Ayers. If we want to try playing with the lead and see what we really have in our goalies, I'd say that's a good plan.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Vengeance doesn't apologize. Vengeance tells you it's your own fault that it now has to fall upon you.

WHILE BASHING YOUR TEETH IN SO HARD, YOU WILL EAT WITH A STRAW FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

What?

YOU GOTTA KEEP THE AGGRESSION UP IF YOU BERSERK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw and Lempo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad