Recalled/Assigned: Caron Recalled from Providence

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Dude Caron was not picked up off of waviers when he could have been. Frasier was claimed. I would rather have Frasier here and Caron gone. Frasier can at least shoot. Caron is nothing more than a big body that does nothing to instill fear or physicality to the Bs game.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Terrible to draft an at-best 4th liner/#13 forward, but that isn't Caron's fault, it's just more on scouting and Chiarelli (see a pattern here?).

He fights better than Campbell at least.

Plenty of late 1st rounders turn out to be no better than 4th liners if they even make the show at all. Danny Paille says hello.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Plenty of late 1st rounders turn out to be no better than 4th liners if they even make the show at all. Danny Paille says hello.

At least one could argue that Paille has skill. the guy has to lead the league in break aways that lead to no goal. At least he puts himself in position. Paille also has great speed unlike Caron or the statue of Caron we see.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
At least one could argue that Paille has skill. the guy has to lead the league in break aways that lead to no goal. At least he puts himself in position. Paille also has great speed unlike Caron or the statue of Caron we see.

Point is plenty of late 1st round picks don't make it at all. And Caron has provided pretty much what you'd expect out of a #25 pick. Hell he wasn't even a stretch, TSN's scout consensus they do every year had him at #22, I believe he was almost universally considered the top Q prospect that year and he was highly thought of enough to make the Team Canada WJC roster.

Zach Hammill is a terrible pick, Jordan Caron .... not so much.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I wish he wouldn't "fight" --- it is embarrassing to see a Bruin holding on the other guy like a drowning man who just found a life raft.

What emotional lift is anybody getting out of watching him hold on for dear life, waiting for the "fight" to be broken up?

:laugh::laugh:

the new version of huggy bear nazarov?? not sure what caron was thinking. tootoo gets his arms free and he would've pummeled him like a woodpecker pummels birdhouses.

as for caron's actual play, he's certainly a better fit on that 4th line than Griffith...and it's not even close.

angle grinder

Feb 17, 2008
Caron seems to have better legs than the last time he wore spoked B. Maybe dropped a few pounds? He has always been good in the boards and now he seems to also win races to the puck. I like.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
True on Campbell, he's toast. I also think Caron was more effective than Matt Fraser...boy I hated that guy this year.

I think it all between the ears for this guy. For some reason he doesn't have the confendence he should.His overall game is sound he just can't seem to put it all together,but if I had the choice between Fraser or Gagne I'll take Jordan every time.It's not always about the points and if you leave that aside, Jordan's game is strong.

trudatman*

wow. this site makes my brain hurt.

Caron is a HUGE minus player. when he is on the ice, not only does his team not score, they get scored ON. not a lot of analysis necessary, there.

Fraser wasn't a success and Gagne LOOKS slow, but Fraser could score and Gagne has been a solid even player for this team, neither helping nor hurting. playing Caron is detrimental to success, if success is measured in wins. if you measure success by seeing how high a player was drafted or if he appears to be fast or if he is older than your desired cutoff for retirement.

wow. wow. wow.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wow. this site makes my brain hurt.

Caron is a HUGE minus player. when he is on the ice, not only does his team not score, they get scored ON. not a lot of analysis necessary, there.

Fraser wasn't a success and Gagne LOOKS slow, but Fraser could score and Gagne has been a solid even player for this team, neither helping nor hurting. playing Caron is detrimental to success, if success is measured in wins. if you measure success by seeing how high a player was drafted or if he appears to be fast or if he is older than your desired cutoff for retirement.

wow. wow. wow.

wow wow wow indeed, Fraser`s 3 goals in 24 games were golden and his -5 was also nice

Sorry, I have little issues if you oppose Caron being in the lineup but if your using Fraser`s game as the measuring stick ..

Want to see huge minus player.......check out Ovi`s nice stats last year

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Caron, Fraser and Gagne are all BLECH to me.

Gimme Griffith on the 4th line

Cunningham Campbell Griffith

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Caron, Fraser and Gagne are all BLECH to me.

Gimme Griffith on the 4th line

Cunningham Campbell Griffith

No thank you. I've seen enough of those 3 players to know that this line would spend 10 minutes a game trapped in their own end getting scored on and generating a whole lot of nothing.

If they insist on keeping Campbell please find a RW'er for Lucic and Bergeron and keep the 4th line guys on the 4th line, Paille/Campbell/Kelly. At least it's a line we know won't score but hopefully with 3 PK'ers can shut down opposing offenses.

I've seen enough of Cunningham, Griffith, Caron and the recently departed Fraser for one year. All AHL guys who clearly don't belong putting up major minutes in the NHL.

Now, if you want to talk AHL players playing for Boston, I'm happy to talk about Pastrnak, Koko & Spooner.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

No thank you. I've seen enough of those 3 players to know that this line would spend 10 minutes a game trapped in their own end getting scored on and generating a whole lot of nothing.

If they insist on keeping Campbell please find a RW'er for Lucic and Bergeron and keep the 4th line guys on the 4th line, Paille/Campbell/Kelly. At least it's a line we know won't score but hopefully with 3 PK'ers can shut down opposing offenses.

I've seen enough of Cunningham, Griffith, Caron and the recently departed Fraser for one year. All AHL guys who clearly don't belong putting up major minutes in the NHL.

Now, if you want to talk AHL players playing for Boston, I'm happy to talk about Pastrnak, Koko & Spooner.

Cunningham and Griffith aren't bad. I would keep them on the 4th line. I don't think Kelly will sniff the fourth line this year. Paille I think will most likely stick with Bergy and Looch unless they make a trade.

I would rather they ditch Campbell and also maybe get a Shawn Thornton type for the 4th line.

Pasta isn't gonna be on the 4th line. Would LOVE Koko in Boston, as you can see by my AV he is my favorite prospect.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Point is plenty of late 1st round picks don't make it at all. And Caron has provided pretty much what you'd expect out of a #25 pick. Hell he wasn't even a stretch, TSN's scout consensus they do every year had him at #22, I believe he was almost universally considered the top Q prospect that year and he was highly thought of enough to make the Team Canada WJC roster.

Zach Hammill is a terrible pick, Jordan Caron .... not so much.

Its neither here nor there but I was absolutely pleased when we drafted Caron. He was a really good Junior player and was a steamroller in the World Juniors. I've been continuously surprised that he cant play in the NHL. But Im convinced that he cant.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Its neither here nor there but I was absolutely pleased when we drafted Caron. He was a really good Junior player and was a steamroller in the World Juniors. I've been continuously surprised that he cant play in the NHL. But Im convinced that he cant.

I think he plays a 3rd/4th line NHL role pretty well.

Sure it is not what is expected in regards to his draft position etc....but not a complete bust.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Food for thought.: Last 2 times Caron cracked lineup Bruins won easily.And they have not had many easy games.:) haha On a serious note,Least he there and has some experience if they need him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think he plays a 3rd/4th line NHL role pretty well.

Sure it is not what is expected in regards to his draft position etc....but not a complete bust.

hardly the first, first round pick who

a) didn`t/hasn`t met or exceeded expectations and/or

b) has had to find, accept and work hard at another role than originally had envisioned for himself

Still not so sure he won`t or can`t be a contributing part of an NHL team, might not be here but...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
hardly the first, first round pick who

a) didn`t/hasn`t met or exceeded expectations and/or

b) has had to find, accept and work hard at another role than originally had envisioned for himself

Still not so sure he won`t or can`t be a contributing part of an NHL team, might not be here but...

If a guy goes down I feel better knowing he there.Has size and can skate and not a liability far as Bruins system goes.He knows it.Could be worse I guess is what I am saying.:D lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad