Friedman: Carolina will test the market for Zykov

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
big year last year in the AHL and a good 10 games as well.

However out of the gate he's meh and appears to be a 4th line regular.

What kind of value are you expecting? Maybe as part of a package but just for him? I would think best case scenario a conditional late 2nd. Most likely a 3rd at best.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Z has been misused by the coaching staff so far. Not many players on the team are better in tight spaces with the puck. He is a big body that will sit in front of the net. Yet he is a 4th liner. I doubt the interest is there

Yep.

Seems like zykov would be best moved in a deal as a "plus". Like a....

Player X and Zykov for.....

Seems like just moving him alone would get very minimal return

Yep.

He has very good hands around the net and a good shot. He is big and hard to move...both by defenders and his own feet. His biggest problem is that he is just a tad slow. If you are constantly a second late in the NHL, you don't make much of a difference. I think we could get some good use out of him if the coaches could fix the power play and used him in front of the net, but right now that is a disaster and not helping Zykov's numbers.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
How big of a + would the Canes add to Zykov to get Puljujarvi?

Just spitballing.
I know you don't want to here this, but I wouldn't offer much for Puljujarvi. I think there is a greater likelihood that he washes out of the NHL then becomes a consistent 2nd line winger. Given that, I'd offer at most Buffalo's 2nd next year plus Zykov for him. And frankly, I'm not comfortable with that.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Seems like a good toss in to a TOR - CAR trade. He would benefit from another year in the AHL, and training with Barb Underhill should improve his acceleration and speed.

Plus we have a good amount of Russian players so he’d have good success melding with the team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I know you don't want to here this, but I wouldn't offer much for Puljujarvi. I think there is a greater likelihood that he washes out of the NHL then becomes a consistent 2nd line winger. Given that, I'd offer at most Buffalo's 2nd next year plus Zykov for him. And frankly, I'm not comfortable with that.

Fair enough. Another struggling player with lower upside and a mediocre pick isn’t the kind of offer we should be interested in.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Goldobin for Zykov?

Or could a trade be bigger to involve McKeown? Canucks could use a decent D prospect, who could play games this year for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->