LeBrun: Carolina will "absolutely" trade Skinner

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-tavares-focused-on-negotiations-with-islanders~1417629/

Starts at ~1:35.

L.A. has been cited as a potential landing spot pretty consistently, but this is the first time SJ has been mentioned in connection with him.

LeBrun suggested that the asking price was a 1st+prospect a week ago, but Waddell denied it to an extent:

Canes GM says it's a safe bet that young star Svechnikov will be team's draft pick

So, there's uncertainty about whether Carolina is expecting futures or is looking for as much of a hockey trade as the team can get given Skinner's 1 year of term.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Blake has pretty much said hes not trading picks or young and youngish prospects for a rental. I dont see it unless it's like Martinez for Skinner. Which why would Carolina do?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Would like to see Chicago to take a run at Skinner with the Nashville 1st round pick and user their no.8 pick to take best dman available. Then hopefully he works out and we can sign him to reasonable extension

Chicago could roll with a top 6 of
Saad Toews Debrincat
Skinner Schmatlz Kane

That would be a top 6 full of 20+ goal scorers

Then they could also trade hossas contract and/or anisimov for cap space to get a nice FA acquisition or a couple

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Someone will rip off Waddell. I fully expect him to surpass Chia as the worst Gm in the league. This is such an old boys club that this idiot landed a GM job.

A. TD has ticked off the Old boys club by firing Francis
B. We have a committee of decision makers, Waddell won’t be ripped off unless they dupe the entire brain trust
And 3. Jim Rutherford will join the GM bad list before the Canes team that is making the decisions. JR did a great job at killing the Canes after ‘06 and so far is doing it to the Pens since the past offseason.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Do you guys think your 1st plus Dell would work?

Probably if we went after Skinner. But I don’t think Dell is the solution for Carolina’s goaltending problems. I would also rather do something around Chris Tierney if possible.

How is Skinner’s defensive acumen?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Would like to see Chicago to take a run at Skinner with the Nashville 1st round pick and user their no.8 pick to take best dman available. Then hopefully he works out and we can sign him to reasonable extension

Saad Toews Debrincat
Skinner Schmatlz Kane

Then they could also trade hossas contract and/or anisimov for cap space to get a nice FA acquisition or a couple

Canes want a hockey deal or a 1st + prospect. I really doubt that #27 is the best deal they will find for Skinner. Especially with LA and Colorado hot on him. Much better picks and assets that fit the Canes needs.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Probably if we went after Skinner. But I don’t think Dell is the solution for Carolina’s goaltending problems. I would also rather do something around Chris Tierney if possible.

How is Skinner’s defensive acumen?
Strips pucks with the best of them, but that's about it. Not great in his own end. If you are looking for a 200' forward who is good in his own end, then you might want to keep looking.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Saad Toews Debrincat
Skinner Schmatlz Kane

What prospect are the Hawks passing along with the lower 1st pick? The stacked Chicago farm and all really has me excited about the name that is included.

Reactions: Unsustainable

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Canes want a hockey deal or a 1st + prospect. I really doubt that #27 is the best deal they will find for Skinner. Especially with LA and Colorado hot on him. Much better picks and assets that fit the Canes needs.

Not saying Chicago could match the marketplace just hoping they can somehow use that to make it work

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

Saad Toews Debrincat
Skinner Schmatlz Kane

I like skinner but I have no interest in trading the 27th for a rental winger. Much rather use it as a chip for help on the back end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad