Proposal: Carolina - Van (Proposal)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
This is an open ended trade offer, as I am not sure of values, and would like to see what how we can make it happen in some way or another...….

So my understanding, is that Fox will not sign with Carolina, and my hope is that the Canucks can find away to acquire him. So his value to Carolina is only, that they have first rights of offer, prior to mid August. So there is plenty of risk that may have already been established. Maybe not? I get that. But here is my offer, subject to improvements...…………….

Fox for Tryamkin

Both RH, and both questionable in signing. Tryamkin did play in the NHL and had established himself by years end. He is a monster. I also think he needs to play around other Russians, because of social and family reasons.

This proposal is not meant to be a take it or let it offer, but rather a starting point, for a proposal...….I would love to hear any suggestions you might have...…

Could it be a conditional 2nd, if either doesn't sign, could it be a player added? I am not sure. Could use your help.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
This is an open ended trade offer, as I am not sure of values, and would like to see what how we can make it happen in some way or another...….

So my understanding, is that Fox will not sign with Carolina, and my hope is that the Canucks can find away to acquire him. So his value to Carolina is only, that they have first rights of offer, prior to mid August. So there is plenty of risk that may have already been established. Maybe not? I get that. But here is my offer, subject to improvements...…………….

Fox for Tryamkin

Both RH, and both questionable in signing. Tryamkin did play in the NHL and had established himself by years end. He is a monster. I also think he needs to play around other Russians, because of social and family reasons.

This proposal is not meant to be a take it or let it offer, but rather a starting point, for a proposal...….I would love to hear any suggestions you might have...…

Could it be a conditional 2nd, if either doesn't sign, could it be a player added? I am not sure. Could use your help.

GM said he is 99% sure he will sign with Carolina and Sara Civ of the Athletic said she talked to him about a week ago and she's never been more confident he will sign with the Canes.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee especially with the RH Defense depth, but all signs are pointing to him being a Hurricane soon

Edit: Heres the quote from GMDW "I'd say it's 99.9 percent we will get him signed," Waddell said. "I don't see it being as issue at all."

Here's the quote from Sara: What about the guy averaging just less than two points per game as a defenseman? After talking to him last week, I’ve never been so confident that he’ll actually end up signing with the Hurricanes — more on that Tuesday. "

And she put out an article today about how he wants to play in the NHL ASAP and how good he has been at Harvard this year.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Things to know about Adam Fox: He gets points at a crazy...

Canes The Athletic article posted today with a direct interview:

“I know people think I have some plan to sign with the Rangers because of where I grew up,” the New York native (Fox) said. “But my dream, my goal, is to play in the NHL. As soon as possible.”

Canes will allow Fox to burn a year like the Bruins did to entice McAvoy and enter next year with the Canes on the 2nd year of his ELC. This route offers Fox a 2 year ELC acceleration versus what any othe team can offer.

Given that Fox has been better than Quinn Hughes in the NCAA this year, you can use his value as a rough marker for what the Canes would be interested in as far as a trade goes.

Reactions: Primetime8

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Tryamkin is a LHD that can play both sides too. Personally I'm still hopeful he comes back and it sounds like Fox will be in Carolina next year my guess as Faulk's replacement.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Yeah, you're not getting Fox out of CAR for another potential flight risk...

So my understanding, is that Fox will not sign with Carolina

And talk about bad timing for this one...

Last edited by a moderator:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
With Slavin, de Haan, Fleury and Bean down the left side and Hamilton, Pesce, Faulk, van Riemsdyk and McKeown down the right, Carolina needs another defenseman like it needs a hole in the head. Well I guess they don't need Fox then?????

Start with a forward.

Thanks everyone for your input , I have no quote to prove or imply Fox was going to sign else where, other than what I have read on various posts on here. I have appreciated your quotes and dialogue. (good to be educated)

As for value, I wonder what it would truly be? Fox is 2 years older than Hughes, so I am not sure it is a good comparison either way, but I am impressed with Fox's points per game as well, which is why I made this post.

No doubt your information changes my outlook a lot.

What is a 3 year, probable Hobey Baker finalist worth?

I guess I would offer something like one of LWer

A choice of Goldobin, Dahlen or Baertschi and a conditional 2nd (if he signs with us)
All 2nd line type players at various degrees of experience

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Canes will allow Fox to burn a year like the Bruins did to entice McAvoy and enter next year with the Canes on the 2nd year of his ELC. This route offers Fox a 2 year ELC acceleration versus what any othe team can offer.

Given that Fox has been better than Quinn Hughes in the NCAA this year, you can use his value as a rough marker for what the Canes would be interested in as far as a trade goes.

Because comparing JRs to FR makes sense when talking about value.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Thanks everyone for your input , I have no quote to prove or imply Fox was going to sign else where, other than what I have read on various posts on here. I have appreciated your quotes and dialogue. (good to be educated)

As for value, I wonder what it would truly be? Fox is 2 years older than Hughes, so I am not sure it is a good comparison either way, but I am impressed with Fox's points per game as well, which is why I made this post.

No doubt your information changes my outlook a lot.

What is a 3 year, probable Hobey Baker finalist worth?

I guess I would offer something like one of LWer

A choice of Goldobin, Dahlen or Baertschi and a conditional 2nd (if he signs with us)
All 2nd line type players at various degrees of experience

They don't need Fox. They want Fox. He's a really good prospect. A spot may open up for him naturally. Faulk and van Riemsdyk are 2020 UFAs. ~$18.1 mil of the budget spend on RHD is viable in the short-term, but not the long-term.

Fox has two different trade values. There's what he's worth right now to Carolina; he's a very good prospect that should be a base piece in a package for a quality forward. To avoid getting into a useless argument, I won't mention the applicable targets in Vancouver.

There's what he's worth if he doesn't he sign before he's eligible to pick where he wants to play. If they trade him at that point, a forward is far more preferable than a defenseman. It could just be a draft pick. Vesey went for a 3rd a few years ago. That's about where his value will be, perhaps higher if his representatives indicate that he doesn't have his heart set on any particular location.

We're not there yet.

Reactions: zcaptain

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Fox is fine and dandy for the Canucks to try for as Hurricanes are stacked there. However another player that I wish the Canucks target is Dante Fabbro who also hasn't signed either with the Preds yet. I think he is a much better target and is from Vancouver as well. He's a big mobile guy and plays the right side as well. He's Preds property until summer of 2020 so they have time yet but I wonder what we could offer for him?? Considering the Preds have a top four of established stars ( Josi, Ellis, Subban, Ekholm) he could be thinking he's blocked so maybe would like to be moved himself. Just a guess though they could always move one of them for more scoring and bring him up if he was to sign.
I'd be willing to move the 2020 1st top 3 protected for Fabbro and considering he could walk for nothing in 2020 I'd think Preds would have to consider unless he signs before that. Of course contract would be worked out before hand with him as well to play for Canucks.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018

Has he been better the QH this year? When i look at the ncaa scoring boatd I see QH ahead of Fox and being two years younger...

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I would be more interested in hearing why the Canes feel they can get Tryamkin train back over to North America? The deal itself is a whole lotta meh, but the idea that the small market of Carolina has a better chance of luring this guy back is interesting to me.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Has he been better the QH this year? When i look at the ncaa scoring boatd I see QH ahead of Fox and being two years younger...

Fox has 20 points in 11 games and is +5
Hughes has 20 points in 17 games and is -5
Both lead their team in scoring

I think every team would prefer Quinn Hughes ahead of Fox given his higher ceiling. But Fox has been the better NCAA player this year. Certainly both teams should be excited about their prospects and won't trade them for peanuts unless it is 100% clear they will not sign.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad