Proposal: Carolina - Toronto

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
sparks could possibly become your best goalie

Sparks could possibly win a Vezina. And in games where the backup plays, Sparks could possibly fill in as the Canes #1C too.

Toronto could possibly trade William Nylander for Justin Faulk and Faulk could possibly be Toronto’s #1D.

The world is full of things that could possibly happen.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We have no Want or Need for Faulk
While i agree, the only piece of value we are giving up in the OP is Kapanen. Sparks looks like trash so far this pre-season...Carrick is a nothing piece...a 2nd is a 2nd. You do this deal all day if your Toronto.

Reactions: iSophagus

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On a side note, can you tell us about how Kapanen is coming along as I haven't been able to watch much of the Leafs this season, other than last night when the whole team laid an egg. I was never a huge fan of Kapanen as I thought his offense wouldn't translate well to the NHL. He's got great speed thought, but something just seemed to be missing to me.

What type of player do you think he'll become in the NHL? Who's a good comparable? Will the offense come along?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
On a side note, can you tell us about how Kapanen is coming along as I haven't been able to watch much of the Leafs this season, other than last night when the whole team laid an egg. I was never a huge fan of Kapanen as I thought his offense wouldn't translate well to the NHL. He's got great speed thought, but something just seemed to be missing to me.

What type of player do you think he'll become in the NHL? Who's a good comparable? Will the offense come along?
Skates like the wind...decent 2 way, worst puck luck i have seen in a long time. Will hit 4 times as many posts as he will score goals....

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Can't see Carolina being interested in this trade even if Faulk is a luxury for them right now.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina gets more benefit from having Faulk in a Hurricanes uniform, imo. Being able to ice 2 defenders capable of scoring 15 goals for upwards of 40 minutes a night is a competitive advantage that helps to compensate for weaknesses up front. Barring some Melnyk-like behavior from Dundon, the bar to clear should be decently high right now.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Bad deal for canes.

That said, there's a reason Faulk is on the block.

Faulk can't play defense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bad deal for canes.

That said, there's a reason Faulk is on the block.

Faulk can't play defense.

It's probably more because the Canes have Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, CDH, Fleury, TVR, Faulk at the NHL level and Bean, Fox, McKeown, etc.. in the system and is Faulk is a UFA in 2 years and gets paid the most already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->