Proposal: Carolina / Toronto - if the leafs land Pietrangelo

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
You're really struggling with this.

Its a bad deal for the canes. Move on.

Leafs fan here, but not a fan who thinks our players are better than any other team’s players.
I’m not familiar with the value of your players.
Would you say Pesce is a #1 dman?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
already getting tired of the “everyone needs internal saving except muh leafs” mantra.

teams aren’t gonna start making awful trades to save a few dollars
What makes you think it will be a bad trade?

Trading for a 90 point player for 5 years and paying him 35 milli is value. Leafs will get a good return for that if they choose to trade him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Leafs fan here, but not a fan who thinks our players are better than any other team’s players.
I’m not familiar with the value of your players.
Would you say Pesce is a #1 dman?

Not a Canes fan, but I would say Pesce is definitely top pairing. He's not flashy, so a lot of people would struggle to call him a legit #1, I presume.

If Pesce is on my team, id have no problem calling him my #1 RHD.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Not a Canes fan, but I would say Pesce is definitely top pairing. He's not flashy, so a lot of people would struggle to call him a legit #1, I presume.

If Pesce is on my team, id have no problem calling him my #1 RHD.

Thanks for the reply. If I had a #1 dman, the only trade I would consider is for a legit #1 center, and even then I might not pull the trigger. There is no way I would be trading for a winger.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Is this a joke? A vastly inferior winger and an overrated, totally average defender for Marner?

Hard, hard pass from the Leafs.

If Carolina adds two first round picks then maybe I'd consider possibly beginning a conversation. Otherwise, thanks for the joke, you're getting laughed right off the phone.

Edit: OP is obviously trolling with that ridiculously crappy offer. I took the bait. Leafs wouldn't accept that trade in a million years.

Who are you kidding? The Leafs take that offer so fast that the resulting sonic boom would deafen half the US and Can. Great Lakes regions.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I prefer Svetchnikov over pretty much any winger in the league, his ceiling is insane. You could convince me that Marner for Svetchnikov, contracts excluded, would be a fair trade but no way you could convince me that Carolina needs to add to it.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->