Carolina Panthers

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Ugh the Panthers had no cap space to sign Josh Norman anyway and the current moron of a GM in Hurney got rid of Benjamin and Tolbert suuuuuucks right now on the Bills. Nearly everyone on the defense was brought in by Gettleman. Can't wait for the team to fall apart without him while he builds up the Giants. Byrd and Samuel who he brought in were both on IR and Hurney just sat there and didn't sign anyone even though Sheppard is worthless.

A lot of people were calling for Philly Brown to be brought back, made a lot of sense. He's not a game breaker, but would of at least added an okay option for Newton. Unfortunately like you said Hurney just sat there.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
No, no...why spend all that money on one player when you can spend it on TWO lesser players, right?

At this point the new owenr probably need to fire everybody. Actually, I think it may be for the best that Richardson is going. After all, he approved all this ridiculous jettisoning of good players. You don't olay "moneyball" when you are sitting on a contender.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No, no...why spend all that money on one player when you can spend it on TWO lesser players, right?

At this point the new owenr probably need to fire everybody. Actually, I think it may be for the best that Richardson is going. After all, he approved all this ridiculous jettisoning of good players. You don't olay "moneyball" when you are sitting on a contender.
To make matters worse, most of the players jettisoned were done because they weren't JR bootlickers. He valued being a yes man over actual ability, and it showed on the field. It's very telling in the Richardson were the team NEVER had back to back winning records, despite making the Super Bowl twice and the NFC title game tell other times.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

We spent that money getting Short's big contract without him the Panthers get run on and have less pass rush which is way more valuable than a CB in football.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Also, not finding a Gano replacement last offseason hurt us. If he makes that 25 yarder, and then kicks a field goal in the closing drive, we win that game. Dropped passes, OL, and whatever else aside.
I mean, they found a replacement. in fact he made the pro bowl this year (in the AFC as an alternate). they just let him go because they wanted to keep Gano for this year. I always thought it was weird how they handled that. but then so many things happen over the course of a season that make no sense to my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad