Carolina Panthers

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Panthers deserve to lose. Maybe they'll bring in a real GM and coaching staff with a new owner.

Also, is it just me or has Kuechly been really bad at times this season? He has been missing way too many tackles, over-pursuing ball carriers and letting all kinds of TEs/WRs get behind him. Way more than he ever has. I mean he's still good just not the best-MLB-in-the-game Kuechly.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I haven't been really following the scenarios too closely, but isn't it still likely we have to go back to New Orleans now? Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm if that's the case.

I think thats correct. New Orleans pretty much has the division wrapped up AFAIK with their win over Atlanta today anyways so they're 99% likely to host a wild-card game.

Edit: Didn't realize Panthers and Saints have the same record. Well a Saints win next week and they win the division anyways.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I haven't seen a fully grown man suck like that since Brokeback mountain. It's time to sign Kaepernick. This is a one and done team. Cam can't throw for shit.

Reactions: Identity404

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If we lose by less than 2 TDs, I'll consider it a win.

The Panthers need to play their best game of the season if they want to even have a chance.
meh if the Saints just lost to the Bucs the Panthers can certainly beat them if the the offense decides to show up. Cam gets so much unnecessary criticism after going on with 8 TD passing and 1 INT over a span of a few weeks when the Browns have better weapons than the Panthers do.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
meh if the Saints just lost to the Bucs the Panthers can certainly beat them if they if the offense decides to show up. Cam gets so much unnecessary criticism after going on with 8 TD passing and 1 INT over a span of a few weeks when the Browns have better weapons than the Panthers do.

Panthers currently have 1 drafted wide receiver on the active squad and that's Funchess. Everybody else was undrafted. Including your current #2 WR Brent Birsin who has been successfully cut and brought 5 times by the Panthers. It's hard to place the blame on Newton when looking at his receivers.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Panthers currently have 1 drafted wide receiver on the active squad and that's Funchess. Everybody else was undrafted. Including your current #2 WR Brent Birsin who has been successfully cut and brought 5 times by the Panthers. It's hard to place the blame on Newton when looking at his receivers.

Pretty easy to blame the guy in the GM chair who traded a pretty damn good WR away for magic beans, though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I can't believe how basically everyone is saying the Saints will walk over the Panthers here.
December 3rd was a long, long time ago.
The Saints have way too many injuries, especially on defense. Their starting RE is a guy they signed off the street two weeks ago. The 3rd man in the DT rotation, they just signed three days ago. They have to play nickel defense basically every down because they only have 2 healthy linebackers. And with Vaccaro out, the secondary has had major problems with communication and coverage breakdowns.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Pretty easy to blame the guy in the GM chair who traded a pretty damn good WR away for magic beans, though.

That's true. But surprisingly Funchess has taken a huge step forward since KB13 left, so the move isn't a complete disaster. It doesn't help that they lost Byrd who was starting to take a huge step forward before getter injured. And they lost Curtis Samuel their recent 2nd round pick receiver that they were probably hoping to rely on this year.

It's definitely a blended mixture of blame for the loss against the Falcons. Cam can certainly be better, GM could of acquired/retained better depth, and the team has dealt with some injuries.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
This is a one and done team come playoff time. The offense has been horrible the last 2 - 3 games. No passing game what so ever.

Reactions: Identity404

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad