GDT: Carolina Panthers part 2: Is Darnold good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Agreed, this is turning into one of the best coaching jobs we've seen for the Panthers in a long time. Joe Brady in particular called a great game yesterday, but the staff on the whole is certainly living up to their billing as great teachers and developers.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I honestly didn't expect to watch a full game this season. Turned into game 1 to see if they'd get roflstomped then tune out for the season. Have been very surprised how good they've looked.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
It'll be interesting to watch if they smartly try to come up with a game plan to utilize both McCaffery and Davis a lot or fall back to mostly relying on McCaffery when he is healthy.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Crazy enough they could be 3-1 right now. They weren't beating the Bucs but that Raiders game was very winnable.

If Teddy wasn't so careless with the football against the Bucs we easily could've beaten them. It was a relatively close game even still until the late Fournette TD. I think we'll beat them in our next matchup.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
If Teddy wasn't so careless with the football against the Bucs we easily could've beaten them. It was a relatively close game even still until the late Fournette TD. I think we'll beat them in our next matchup.
I wouldn't underestimate Tampa, it looks like they started to click after getting rid of baby diseases in the system.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Interesting day for Juston Burris. Failed to score on a given scoop and score but just had a big end zone INT to keep the Falcons from tying the game.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
3-2 5 games into a full rebuild

D88360F4-AF4A-455D-9230-A3E7013B3AD7.png

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I just hope Dallas gets clowned again and Cleveland wins. I want the former because it's fun and the latter because I love the confusion.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It was moronic to bring Quinn back just because of a good second half last year. He's not an awful coach, but I thought it was pretty clearly time for him to go.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
It’s too bad. The Cowboys are the Leafs of football. The internet is much more fun when they’re getting crapped on.
Well, it’s Pyrrhic victory. Dak’s injured.

But Factory of Sadness actually goes up to 4-1.

They will still miss the playoffs by a tiebreaker or something. Unless 2020 goes full 2020.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I couldn't be any more excited about the Panthers right now. By far the most excited I've been since the run in 2015. Such a breath of fresh air having a staff that is actually outcoaching opponents on the regular. Nobody can look at our roster, especially on D and OL, and say that we should be competitive this year. Rhule, Brady and Snow have made us competitive and have gotten the absolute most out of the players. Considering that we have by far the most dead cap space this year, I'd say things are looking very very good for the future, regardless of what happens the rest of this season. We're in good hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad