GDT: Carolina Panthers part 2: Is Darnold good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Imagine how good Cam would be if he gets the usual Patriots protection by refs going forward.

I'm still pissed at the headhunting that the league allowed Denver to get away with in the 2016 season opener after the Super Bowl. That right there was a message sent to the team and players that certain players are just expendable. Cam has never been the same guy after that game.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
First and foremost a Cowboys fan...but I would always enjoy watching the Patriots, mostly because of Brady (Michigan fan) but then because they played football so differently than any other team, and so much better.

Alas, I must move on. I dislike Cam Newton a lot.

I must say, the move is at least interesting.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
4th and 1 and you don't give the ball to CMC?

Also the run defense gave up 3 TDs today. That was a big problem last season.
The defense was awful last year WITH Kuechly. Like really bad.
Can’t imagine there’s been any improvement.

Reactions: Tryamw

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Man if I'm the Raiders I would be embarrassed it was that close. The team wasn't great today, but honestly thought they would look a lot worse. If anything I'm encouraged that the staff comprised mainly of college coaches didn't seem in over their heads.

The defense was bad, as was to be expected with the personnel lost, a new staff, rookies starting etc. This will definitely be a developmental year. I'm not a Donte Jackson fan and actually was impressed with how Rasul Douglas and Troy Pride tackled after he left.

The offense was okay. I was pleasantly surprised by how the o-line looked, Teddy was solid, and Anderson was impressive. Not a great game for DJ though. I was surprised McCaffrey was barely targeted in the passing game. It would be nice to split the carries out a bit more for once (especially during a building year) but he's managed to stay healthy for a few years of heavy touches thus far.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Carolina has the Patriots Tampa Bay right where they want them... Up 7 and unable to stop a piece of paper And Tampa has the ball.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
They don’t necessarily need to. Different conferences and divisions. Jets have two chances for wins against Miami. Carolina is more likely to go winless in division IMO. They can be the better team and still end up with a worse record.

The Dolphins are going to skull f*** the Jets. They aren’t a bad team. The Jets are a joke. So are the Giants. They might pick 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad