GDT: Carolina Mudcats at Miami Marlins - 7:30 EST 1/19/13

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Apart from the 1st period, not awful. Really looks like this team just needed a real training camp and a few preseason games to get everyone in gear and working well together.

Reactions: MinJaBen

SkinnerStaal

Feb 6, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Good:
Bowman - Joni - Faulk - Semin (minus 4min dumb penalty)

Bad:
First Period - Sangs on First goal (truthfully, got much better as game went on - deserves one more game at home (sit CORVO for McBain))

Terrible:
CORVO

PERFECT:
Brandon Sutter (woops - wrong team)

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The Michael Bay Theory of Hiring Sportscasters

- No experience
- Can't read a cue card
- Pretty

She's hired! We'll just blow up some cars behind her to distract from the stuttering.

Chantel came highly recommended by Aaron Ward. They did some NESN work together. Interpret from that what you will.

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
The worst things about this game were Chantel, Corvo, and having to hear Tripp Tracy talk endlessly. Those 3 things were 90% of the game, unfortunately.

C'mon dawg, Tripp Tracy talking endlessly is at least 62% of your Hurricanes experience.

Citizen Cane

Honoring AAC/11th AF
Oct 25, 2006
The OC
I'm gonna cut Chantel a little slack based on the malfunctions she had to deal with pregame (equipment fire and lack of secured locations). She was probably flustered after all of that. Lets give her a few games.

WalkerBabe

Oct 26, 2007
Raleigh NC
Chantel, to me, sounded like a teenager reporting at a high school game. She is very pretty, but I don't think she sounds professional.

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
I'm gonna cut Chantel a little slack based on the malfunctions she had to deal with pregame (equipment fire and lack of secured locations). She was probably flustered after all of that. Lets give her a few games.

Yeah, and basically everyone should **** (cognate of "be silent") about her looks. It's kind of gross.

Aaron Ward (crappy player, great analyst) recommended her highly, and she seemed pretty good at the interviews.

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, reading a bunch of people slobbering over her really makes me hate her even more. Bring back Bob Harwood.

That is not the lesson you should learn from an otherwise competent (according to people in this thread, and Aaron Ward) experience.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
What's wrong with admiring an attractive woman?

Also, I don't think she did bad for her first game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
What's wrong with admiring an attractive woman?

Apparently everything.

She wasn't very good even aside from the stumbling (everything was the best ever) but let's give her the season to find her groove. She is very young so maybe she just needs to grow into this role a bit. This is HF. Think of the potential.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Sadly Cam Ward looked like Cam Ward. Tripp would have you believe that no goal is ever Cam's fault, and that Cam is a top 5 goalie in the NHL. Unfortunately, neither is even close to the truth. Don't even get me started on breakaways and shootouts! Granted the defense in front of cam is about 4.5 players shy of being good....Cam is awful, and has been for 3 seasons.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not saying Cam had a good game, but isn't Cam still sick? He'll need a few more games before he turns into the better version of himself.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm not saying Ward sucks, but I think I'm starting to see what some of these guys have been saying over the past several years.

Any bonus points that Ward had built up because of the Conn Smythe have gone, in my opinion. He's at a score of 0 right now, complete clean slate. He better have a good year this year, because the rose-colored glasses are off. I'm not saying I'm going to judge him unfairly or harshly, but I'm not going to be foolish enough to just hide starts like these under the rug and say everything's OK.

My opinion of Ward is going to be EXACTLY what he shows me this year. Anything he's done in the past is gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->