Carolina looking very good so far this season

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Arent they notorious for starting strong?

If by "notorious for starting strong" you mean "Never, ever start strong and in fact are off to the strongest in franchise history" then yeah.

They usually have like one game at home and then are exiled to 10 days on the west coast to start the year during our damnable State Fair, which leads to them getting their teeth kicked in and demoralized to start the season.

This time they go out of time for the fair 3-0-1 and only have to play 3 on the road. I wonder if Dundon finally pulled Betteman aside and was like "enough of this schedule shit"

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
As I said. Very good team, aside from goalie they have as good a roster as anyone.

Got better with the Hamilton trade, Svech addition, young players like Foeggle,Zykov and Necas coming up.

Aho looking like a great #1C had been the key. Because they suddenly become deep at centre.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
As I said. Very good team, aside from goalie they have as good a roster as anyone.

Got better with the Hamilton trade, Svech addition, young players like Foeggle,Zykov and Necas coming up.

Aho looking like a great #1C had been the key. Because they suddenly become deep at centre.

Nope. Definitely nope.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Crazy how having a goaltender that can block some pucks helps win games, eh? Good for Carolina fans, they deserve it.

I'm however far from being impressed by the new management moves... Hope I'll be wrong, but just to say they got their "#1" goaltender on the waver wire is saying something.

... and I don't want to be that guy, but let's not forget they played against NYI, CLB, NYR and VAN... The only decent team of the bunch IMO is CLB, and even there they are missing their #1 defenseman and areplaying Ryan Murray 25 mins a night, which does not look good.

Let's just say I would not plan the parade yet, but still it is a good start.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Fair enough but it’s still mind boggling they couldn’t get a 1st for Skinner.

He had an NMC, which limited the teams that we could trade him to, and since they were desperate to move him before the season began, other GMs weren’t incentivized to pay high.

I thought it was the wrong decision at the time, but after seeing this team play this year, I can see why they did it. There’s no way Skinner could play the game Brindamour has the team playing right now.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Crazy how having a goaltender that can block some pucks helps win games, eh? Good for Carolina fans, they deserve it.

I'm however far from being impressed by the new management moves... Hope I'll be wrong, but just to say they got their "#1" goaltender on the waver wire is saying something.

... and I don't want to be that guy, but let's not forget they played against NYI, CLB, NYR and VAN... The only decent team of the bunch IMO is CLB, and even there they are missing their #1 defenseman and areplaying Ryan Murray 25 mins a night, which does not look good.

Let's just say I would not plan the parade yet, but still it is a good start.
I still have the Canes at the end of the year on the outside looking in. but They are fun to watch. And that's worth something to me.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
I would like 1 Dougie Hamilton please, is there any more available by any chance?

This is the Canes year to be a top 10 team I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad