Rumor: Carolina looking to trade G Anton Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Note that they can't just trade him without restrictions.

13.20 (b) A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another
Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired unless he is first
offered on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested
originally and the offer has been refused.

This is as clear as mud, and I'm not exactly sure what "the same terms" means. Also, we have no idea if other teams put claims in for him.

That said, would be nice of Carolina just to waive him again.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

13.20 (b) A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another
Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired unless he is first
offered on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested

This is as clear as mud, and I'm not exactly sure what "the same terms" means. Also, we have no idea if other teams put claims in for him.

I think it means that if any other team besides Canes made a waiver claim for him, then Forsberg would be first offered as a waiver claim to those teams, and only if they pass on him he can be traded.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

So that means either no other team put in a claim on him or someone did and for some reason they no longer want him? I'm assuming 'same terms' means they can claim him off waivers as well

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

waiver rules...

other teams that filed a claim on him and original team are the first ones who can trade for him with the next team after Carolina who claimed him has exclusive rights on getting him. Until they decline it goes to the next team and soon Thrn back to Edmonton.

on,y after he clears that an he get traded.

theteams after Carolina can low ball offer and if Carolina refuses he can be stuck in Carolina.

if Carolina waiveshim to send him to AHL and thise the claimed and Edmonton refuse at waiver claim costs then he can be traded anywhere

Reactions: DaveG

Teamcanada

May 24, 2008
I’m sure the NHL is real happy with this. The whole point of the taxi squads was to ensure enough players (especially goalies) were available.

How the NHL didn’t designate a waiver exemption for the goalie position on the taxi squads seems to be a massive oversight.

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
Yea I didn't think they could trade him until any other team that put in a claim got the opportunity to claim him first and he also had to be offered back to EDM first?

If he was just insurance for getting Nedle back through waivers then they should just waive him again and let EDM have him back.

EDIT: Apparently Forsberg hasn't even left Edmonton yet so I guess he and the teams have maybe something already in the works...

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I thought when you pick a player up on waivers you can't trade them for like a year(or at least till season's end). If Carolina wants to get rid of him isn't their only option to give him back to Oilers first(assuming they accept)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still think he’ll end up back with the Oilers. People call it a duck move, but it was just an insurance policy in case Nedeljkovic got claimed. My understanding is the Canes even told Forsberg not to leave Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad