Dreger: Carolina looking for Top 4 Dman - 1st Rounder in play

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Maybe we just need to trade with the Rangers for Marc and then we can have a Staal on the ice at all times

oh-god-no-gif-4.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Interesting. Could be a smoke screen, but Dundon and Waddell have been pretty open about their intentions in the past

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
If there is a value add I'm sure we'll be down but nothing at the prices NJ returned. There are a few teams that can compete w/ Tampa that could justify overpaying and we aren't one of them.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Ya, it’s soap opera funny, but kind of makes sense for both teams. With Reilly coming back, the Leafs don’t need Barrie. With Hamilton done fir the season, the Canes do need Barrie.
It doesn't really. Barrie is our best RHD for good or bad and we're only paying him 2.75 so there is almost 0 chance he gets traded. We also are not rebuilding so would not trade for picks. Last but not least, Barrie would get more than a first (50% retained, cmon) and we could get a higher pick than our own +. Lot's of teams would love Barrie for their playoff run.

Barrie has been better under Keefe. I'm not sure why anyone thinks we'd trade him, maybe just wishful thinking. He's finally used properly and I don't think Dubas's vision has changed suddenly.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It doesn't really. Barrie is our best RHD for good or bad and we're only paying him 2.75 so there is almost 0 chance he gets traded. We also are not rebuilding so would not trade for picks. Last but not least, Barrie would get more than a first (50% retained, cmon) and we could get a higher pick than our own +. Lot's of teams would love Barrie for their playoff run.

Barrie has been better under Keefe. I'm not sure why anyone thinks we'd trade him, maybe just wishful thinking. He's finally used properly and I don't think Dubas's vision has changed suddenly.

Doubtful. Bubble-out teams generally don't trade their 1sts. Barring an unexpected run to the Conference Finals, that's a mid pick at best. Barrie is a move a cup contender makes and I'm not sure there's a need among those that qualify this year (Boston, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Washington, St. Louis).

I do agree that trading Barrie doesn't make sense for the Leafs all things considered.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Doubtful. Bubble-out teams generally don't trade their 1sts. Barring an unexpected run to the Conference Finals, that's a mid pick at best. Barrie is a move a cup contender makes and I'm not sure there's a need among those that qualify this year (Boston, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Washington, St. Louis).

I do agree that trading Barrie doesn't make sense for the Leafs all things considered.
16 teams make the playoffs, that is a lot of options but you may be right. I'd have to look at all the teams but even if it was our pick +/- 1 there would be more coming back.

As you say, he's probably not going anywhere.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Skjei should get done if no one gets greedy on either side pushing for too much or insisting on too little.

Skjei for lesser of 2020 1st + whatever we agree on which may or may not include NYR add.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad