GDT: Carolina Hurricanes will beat the Vancouver Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I would be happier about the win if the nucks hadn’t been borderline AHL’ish. Would’ve liked to see Boeser too.

Still, these are the games the most recent versions of this team would’ve found a way to lose or at least make interesting. These are the games we should be able to play our struggling back up and easily win, if we’re a playoff team. So well done. Don’t screw it up tonight against the Avs. They’ve been reeling a bit since they pulled off the ten game streak. Without Mack they’re not the same so similar to the Nucks without Boeser but the Avs are way quicker up front with more options. They’re weakness is the defense, a quick start tonight would be huge.

Not only have they had MacKinnon out, but they've had a few other players banged up recently that probably aren't 100% yet. This is another game that even on a back to back the Canes need to find a way to win.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
That was a fun game. What was not fun was listening to the rednecks behind us talk about their trucknuts, workout regiment, and critiques about how tonight was "so gay" and how everyone who was shown on the video screen regarding the Hockey is for Everyone initiative was a, and I quote, "f-cking f-ggot"

Not once did they cheer for either team. They talked through all goal celebrations, and at one point spent a few minutes going into detail about the sexual acts the guy wanted to perform on the girl he was with.

Did his finishing move include the use of a counter-clockwise swirl?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
One guy asked the other which truck he brought to the game, and he said the blue one, and the other said "the one with the hanging nuts?" And he said yep and they talked about how they didn't stand out enough for their liking and it needed to be something more flesh colored to really get the point home on what they are.

Then they talked about how they were going to City Limits after the game before leaving with 10 minutes left in the third.

Did you inform him that he had committed a "microagression" by referring to something as "flesh" colored?

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I doubt the rainbow-colored nuts would have gone over all that well either.

Progressive Redneck 1: Hey man, what truck did you drive here tonight?
Progressive Redneck 2: The one with the rainbow-colored nuts.
Progressive Redneck 1: OK...you mean the one with the "coexist" and the "resist" bumper stickers?
Progressive Redneck 2: Yes, that exact one..tbh, I don't even like hockey, but I had to come out to support the cause.
Progressive Redneck 1: 10-4....hey, can I have another pinch of your sustainably sourced dip.....

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Nelson_cowboys_cover.jpg

Goddamnit bd65, you won.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Don't think my wife would have appreciated that

In all seriousness, and I'm no tough guy, but I definitely would have taken the opportunity to turn around and tell them to shut the f*** up. Then made out with the nearest dude.

No where did I put my rose colored glasses? I wonder if I left them hanging off of my truck nut sack.

I used to be a big fan of PDG, especially with his season 2 years ago. But after last year's big come down and his futility this year, I thought I was just mistaken. The reality is he plays pretty well around the net, isn't afraid to mix it up, and is best when engaged physically. I haven't seen much of that this year from him and I think it has shown on the score sheet. In the end, he's probably not as good as I had hoped he'd be, but not as bad as I'd come to believe. I'm happy that he proved me wrong and made me eat more crow.

See I'm a team first guy....

I think that concussion (or was it multiple?) really derailed his short career. I'm not saying the guy was some gamebreaker, but he was on track to be a physical guy with a touch of skill, with the ability to play up to a 3rd line. It feels like he's a bit more timid and he can't have that because of everything else he lacks. Maybe he can build back some confidence and stick around, but he's still an interchangeable 4th line plug.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The truck nut guys are great and all, but it doesn't compare with the angsty teen neo-Nazi who was sitting next to me at a Carolina Panthers game and kept Seig-Heiling at random autistic intervals. While wearing a Cam Newton jersey. Yes, not a Keuchley jersey, not an Olsen jersey. Cam "The Chocolate Aryan" Newton. And this was in 2015 before this sort of behavior became a thing.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Sorry but Justin Trudeau was hijking the hills of LA today. Him and the Labour Party of the UK represent my beliefs my more than my own President. And I can say that with certainty as probably the only LGBT Hurricanes fan on this board.

The uncomfortability of redneck big big Mike about you can play was cringeworthy. Its okay to say homosexuals like hockey too. Say it withme peeps. Good god

Both my parents represented this country in uniform. They want to believe in it again just like me

Of course this will probably be deleted

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The truck nut guys are great and all, but it doesn't compare with the angsty teen neo-Nazi who was sitting next to me at a Carolina Panthers game and kept Seig-Heiling at random autistic intervals. While wearing a Cam Newton jersey. Yes, not a Keuchley jersey, not an Olsen jersey. Cam "The Chocolate Aryan" Newton. And this was in 2015 before this sort of behavior became a thing.

Sounds like a horrible misunderstanding over what 'brownshirt' is supposed to mean.

Prolly gonna cost him the Grand Wizard gig.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Sorry but Justin Trudeau was hijking the hills of LA today. Him and the Labour Party of the UK represent my beliefs my more than my own President. And I can say that with certainty as probably the only LGBT Hurricanes fan on this board.

The uncomfortability of redneck big big Mike about you can play was cringeworthy. Its okay to say homosexuals like hockey too. Say it withme peeps. Good god

Both my parents represented this country in uniform. They want to believe in it again just like me

You're so woke they call you Mr. Woker

;)

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

The reaction to Hockey is for Everyone on Facebook was infuriating.

Apparently ‘everybody’ just means queers and divides the fan base.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The reaction to Hockey is for Everyone on Facebook was infuriating.

Apparently ‘everybody’ just means queers and divides the fan base.

Apparently it was noteworthy enough to warrant an N+O article.

Hurricanes criticized for rainbow logo on Facebook

So, this is obviously the new owner virtue signaling. I mean, hockey is what it is- a largely a straight and white sport just like Basketball is a straight and black sport. Not because of exclusion, but because that is how things shake out sometimes. There is nothing wrong with it. and nobody ever said hockey WASN'T for others. I'm sure there are gays, and there are some minorities. Maybe not enough to sate the appetites of the noisy but small amount of Twitterati out there who insist on holding the country hostage to their demands at every opportunity.

This is trying to correct a problem that does not exist.

But hey, virtue was signaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->