Prospect Info: Carolina Hurricanes select RW Andrei Svechnikov #2 OA

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Great little behind the scenes video of Svechnon his trip to Raleigh. Seems like a great kid. So excited to have him as a Cane, not just as a player, but seems to have a great personality too. He’s definitely got more personality than Semin :laugh:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Great little behind the scenes video of Svechnon his trip to Raleigh. Seems like a great kid. So excited to have him as a Cane, not just as a player, but seems to have a great personality too. He’s definitely got more personality than Semin :laugh:

First reaction seeing the home jersey after being photographed in the new thirds: "I like these ones".

But yeah, he seems a little deer in the headlights-ish to me in that video. Going to the NHL is a big jump.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I mean, how would you explain the appeal? "Yeah, there aren't as many amenities as most NHL cities, but your money goes further and the pace of life is a lot less stressful. You can get around to lots of perfectly adequate places easily with less hassle."?

Living in DC, it takes half an hour, at least, to go two miles, regardless of what mode you pick. You have more modes available, but in NC, where you pretty much just have a car, you can be anywhere in less than half the time. There are a lot of great things in DC that you simply cannot find in NC, but the difficulty of getting places does add a lot of stress to my daily life.

Is it the best pitch to an 18 year old? Maybe not. But fortunately for us, he's moving to Raleigh regardless.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
"Easy to get around" just might not translate that well to someone who was born in Siberia, that's something you sell someone on coming from NYC or Chicago or something. Not that it really matters
To be fair there are some large cities in Siberia. Barnaul is similar size to Raleigh. He's also lived in Kazan and Moscow, if anything Raleigh is more appealing than Barrie or Muskegon. But yeah I don't think he cares where he is. It's not like he was raised in a cabin in the tundra or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->