Carolina Hurricanes prospects show promise despite frustrating season

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
trevor_carrick_charlotte_0212151.jpg
Photo: Trevor Carrick had a productive rookie season with the Charlotte Checkers, scoring 28 points (seven goals, 21 assists) in 75 games. (Courtesy of Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire)

</p> For several Carolina Hurricanes prospects, the 2014-15 season was rife with losing records, injuries, and disappointment. But despite the many setbacks, there was still excitement to be had—and hope for the future.

First-year pros Trevor Carrick and Brock McGinn made an impact with their physicality, while flaunting their scoring potential. Meanwhile, Haydn Fleury and Sergey Tolchinksy had dominant seasons in the CHL, giving Hurricanes fans hope that the team may once again become a competitive force in the NHL’s Eastern Conference.… read more

The post Carolina Hurricanes prospects show promise despite frustrating season appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Lavalette

Sep 12, 2007
Raleigh
www.nsjonline.com
Haydn Fleury did not have a "dominant" season in the CHL.

Not my words ... was changed after I turned it in. This was the original paragraph:

First-year pros Trevor Carrick and Brock McGinn made an impact with their physicality and scoring potential, while junior prospects Haydn Fleury and Sergey Tolchinksy — one a top-10 draft pick, the other an undrafted signing — offer promise in contrasting styles.

Cory Lavalette

Sep 12, 2007
Raleigh
www.nsjonline.com
I don't think he had a bad year; I think he had stuff to work on and did that, and taking on the responsibility of a No. 1 dman is more than putting up points. But he needs to take a big step forward next year, IMO.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
You realize the Rebels went 38-23-5-6 this year... right?

They didn't even make the playoffs last year. The way people on here act it's like like they took a nose dive as a team this year. It's almost like they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad