Three stars vs. Carolina - March 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Still need that upper level elite player you can build around, unfortunately you have to be BUFFALO bad to have a reasonable chance at that.
This was the argument prior to 2011. it helps significantly to draft at the top of the correct draft and get a generational player but as we've seen time an time again it is NOT needed. In fact, more often then not, drafting that high goes all for nothing.

Ask Edm, NYI, Clb, Ari, fla, Tor, Col, Cal, etc.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The schedule gets really hard starting now. I said 3-10 or something like 3-9-1 or 3-8-2 over the last 12. Carolina won't be as easy the next time in Raleigh. If they get points out of either games against a stacked Pittsburgh or desperate St. Louis who is playing for their playoff lives, we have a tanking problem. Otherwise, just sit back, relax and, enjoy the tank.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This reads like a temper tantrum
I think u read it correctly. Even though I know it's best for the organization to lose MUCH MORE than win at this point, still and all I don't want a 14 game losing streak or something similar. Keeping the Carolina streak alive and other good things last night is keeping it fresh, so to speak.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It is brutal, no doubt. But as everyone has said we've been winning games while being outplayed. No reason to think we can't pull out a couple like that against some better teams.

Again, I'm just saying, I know everyone is hoping we win like 2 games the rest of the way. I don't see it. We'll luck our way into a few, goalies will steal one or two, and we may even look legitimately good and win a game. I think they win another 5 games.

You can get away with that amount of shots against a team like Carolina. That’s not a good approach against the of the Pens, Caps, Flyers or TB.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Lets hope the oilers can win a 3 point game tonight (calgary) and again tomorrow night. They could actually just be a point behind us. The Canadiens, ottawa, Detroit and vancouver are just much better tanks than us. we can not catch them lol
As much as I'd prefer our team to lose [I can't root for it], I still get excited when they score and win. This is tough on the emotions. LOL!!

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
As much as I'd prefer our team to lose [I can't root for it], I still get excited when they score and win. This is tough on the emotions. LOL!!
Absolutely totally agree. Hard to fight our instincts to see some of our guys score some goals and see some good vibes on this team. I have a much easier time just watching and rooting for teams like the oilers, blackhawks, montreal and detroit to win. hopefully, miraculously they can catch us.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A
Rangers Twitter giving Jimmy crap all night and all he did was shove it up their ass. Haha! Congrats on the hat trick Jimbo!
At least he's good for putting "something" in, if not pucks. But yeah, good on you Jimbo! And yeah, he has one of those faces you just want to pummel, even though I'm not much of a fighter, Lol

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Of course. All of Vesey's 15 goals this year are either lucky or the goalie sucked. Duh.
Or, an empty netter. Don't forget that excuse either. Why do people hate on him so badly? He is what he is, a college player that is just really getting his feet wet and finding his game that relates to the NHL. Isn't he on the same path as Hayes? Look at where Kevin is going now. Maybe Vesey will really get it all together this time next year, as Hayes is doing now. Give the guy a break already. I suppose people wanted him to be a 40 goal scorer (yeah, so did I.......but I'm a little more realistic and understanding, I guess)

Reactions: bl02

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Man, this team can't even properly suck after trading away 1/2 of its best players.
Just really makes one wonder as to WHY these players that are now "stepping up", weren't doing so when we had these "best players". Can't be just the ice time. Think more it's "wanting to be the man" and replacing the big names of McD, Grabs and Nasher. Yeah, and for more money on the table for them to grab.
Pride? Does that play a part? I mean, who likes losing? Can't let Hank know you don't mind it. Death stare a coming!
Make no mistake about Spooner, Names are easily out producing what just left.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
HF: "Machinehead ur the worst for not watching the team"

Also HF: *Actively roots against the team*

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I suspect major Tank Support from the Pens tomorrow.
God I hate the Pens, but for the 1st time in a very long while, II won't mind losing to them. It is a necessary evil. I simply don't want to be embarrassed. I'd take a 6-5 loss, where we get some nice offensive goals, (maybe a couple of ppg's) expecting 45+shots against, but want our goalie to play well despite the 6ga.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
AV throwing shade at Lundqvist or something else going on...

Funny thing about these past two games against Florida and Carolina is that even though they're both in the running for a playoff spot you can easily see that they are not even vaguely at the same level as a team like Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad