• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It tells me pwppw don't actually watch it here games, just the stats. And still they are wrong.
He had a strong defensive game too - important shot blocks as well so overall happy with his performance, except the tripping penalty and he knew it himself and just skated to the box. :)

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
You have Chytil. You add a legit #1 Dman and a couple of Pastrnak level wingers, and then grab another player on that level next year, with Shestyorkin in goal, and you’re there.

Couple of Pastrnak level wingers on top of the number one dman? We'd be lucky to get one Pastrnak, he scored 34 goals last year. I can't remember the last time the Rangers drafted a player that scored 30 goals.

I think people are a little too optimistic with this draft. That's why you can't just get rid of everyone.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
**** this team man. We need Zadina. We need Svechnikov. We need a dynamic offensive player to win a stanley cup and we just refuse to do what is necessary to obtain these players the ONLY way you can obtain them without ****ing yourself over in today's NHL. Why god? WHY?!

What do you want them to do? We already have an AHL defense up here. Should we sit CK, Zucc, Zbad and Hayes?

There are about a handful of worse teams than the Rangers and another handful equally as bad. We're not going to finish in the bottom 5. We'll be somewhere between 6 and 12 and probably in the middle.

At the end of the day, we all want a top pick, but there is only so much that can be done about it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Darling looked like shit. If they had decent goaltending Carolina would be a playoff team.

Congrats to Vesey on the hat trick.....to Zucc on his 100th goal.....to Buchnevich for his three assists and Zibanejad had 3 assists to....and to Georgiev for his first MSG win.

Truth is we're better off losing but you can't take it away these guys are still trying. The fact is I think we're getting a better effort since the deadline than we've had all season long.

The bummer was the DeAngelo injury. I don't expect to see him in the lineup on wednesday so Sproul? Bigras? Smith?

Back to Georgiev--this guy could be an NHL starter in the not very distant future. He's seriously good. Very calm--very technical and minimal in his movements--fairly decent with his stick work--not scrambly at all. 21 years old. I bet you the Hurricanes would rather have him than the two they got.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fair enough. I just look at Pittsburgh, TB, and Toronto and the plethora of skill they have. It's unfair.

Unfortunately, this team is closer to picking 10th or 11th than it is to picking 6th or 7th.

And there’s part of me that can just see the reaction on here if the lottery goes haywire and this team actually ends up with the 13th pick.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Pavel Buchnevich is 2nd on the team in PPG tied with Zibanejad and with the 20th TOI for the Rangers.
I laugh at this to not cry.

Edit: Also 2nd on the team in points with Miller gone.
Buch is 3rd on the team in PP TOI.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You have Chytil. You add a legit #1 Dman and a couple of Pastrnak level wingers, and then grab another player on that level next year, with Shestyorkin in goal, and you’re there.
Two Pasternak level wingers!!??

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What do you want them to do? We already have an AHL defense up here. Should we sit CK, Zucc, Zbad and Hayes?

There are about a handful of worse teams than the Rangers and another handful equally as bad. We're not going to finish in the bottom 5. We'll be somewhere between 6 and 12 and probably in the middle.

At the end of the day, we all want a top pick, but there is only so much that can be done about it.

I think the frustration is the sense or urgency that was lacking when it counted, and the sudden concentration when it really doesn’t.

It’s like the co-worker who only seems to produce when the powers that be are looking.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Perhaps. We’ll see if other teams win.

If the difference is picking 6th or picking 10th, there’s a diffeeence there. You’re talking about Boqvist/Hughes vs. Bouchard/Dobson.

Depending on how you view guys, that’s not necessarily a negligible difference. Maybe it is for the Rangers. Remains to be seen.

Do you not think Bouchard has 1D upside? (I'm well aware there are no guarantees.) Have you not said there are quite a few high upside, boom/bust wingers through out the first round? What if they came away with Farrabee, Wilde and one of Bokk/Denisenko/Kravtsov? Would that be appealing?

Reactions: belford222

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Unfortunately, this team is closer to picking 10th or 11th than it is to picking 6th or 7th.

And there’s part of me that can just see the reaction on here if the lottery goes haywire and this team actually ends up with the 13th pick.
What reaction? I mean, I might consider suicide, but I doubt I'd actually do it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We’re “9th”, the odds from “10th” to “5th” double....25.9%[Top-3]/8.5%[#1]
At least CBJ won 5-2 - so it will not be playoffs for us this year and that means certain lottery for Dahlin! :)

Lias & Dahlin together again! Book it!! :nod:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Vesey's had his struggles. I think he's played better since the deadline. More involved physically etc. He didn't look good on the power play tonight but then Buch makes that great play off the face-off and another stripping Ryan in the neutral zone. Vesey really hustled on that and got a great shot off but the size of goalie and from where Vesey shot that Darling f***ed that all up. So there was luck there but he still made a great shot. 16 goals last year--15 this year now--most of them 5v5.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
As someone who was a season ticket holder during the dark ages (98-04), I'v gotta say this team is earily reminiscent. Slaughtered by contenders, but beating the bottom feeders. Probably end up picking between 7-15 in the draft. More good 2nd liners. The endless cycle of mediocracy.

I know. It scares me too. Winning these games is textbook Checketts era RangersTown™️ Shit!

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
My point was pretty clear, I thought. Someone says Buch is 2nd in PPP and near the bottom on all TOI, is as meaningless a stat as possible.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Do you not think Bouchard has 1D upside? (I'm well aware there are no guarantees.) Have you not said there are quite a few high upside, boom/bust wingers through out the first round? What if they came away with Farrabee, Wilde and one of Bokk/Denisenko/Kravtsov? Would that be appealing?

I think Bouchard is on the cusp. I think Boqvist/Hughes have higher odds.

I like Bouchard and Dobson, but there’s a gap between them and Boqvist/Hughes.

For me it’s the 4/5 prospects vs. the 9/10.

But, and this is a big but, we’re assuming the Rangers have the same list or the same view I do about the top 12 or so picks. The further they get from the “you can’t pass on this guy” the more subjective it gets and the more the odds go up for them to go off the radar.

If we’re talking Farabee, sure. If we’re talking Veleno, not so much.

If we’re talking Bouchard/Dobson, sure. If we’re talked Smith/Wilde, perhaps a little less.

If we’re taking Wilde, I think they end up going safer with the other first rounders.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad