Post-Game Talk: Carolina Hurricanes at New York Rangers - March 12

Three stars vs. Carolina - March 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
As someone who was a season ticket holder during the dark ages (98-04), I'v gotta say this team is earily reminiscent. Slaughtered by contenders, but beating the bottom feeders. Probably end up picking between 7-15 in the draft. More good 2nd liners. The endless cycle of mediocracy.
Really? this team has some young players. Also 3 first round picks upcoming and a gm that is looking at the future not just wallowing away on fishing trips smoking endless cigars. I see much more hope.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This team could end up adding a player similar to Pietrangelo, and a couple of wingers similar to Pastrnak, and people think the Rangers are going to end up with mediocre players from this draft. This first round is a ridiculously deep draft, and the Rangers right now have at least 7 of the top 93 players available. They got two of the best prospects from last year’s draft, and added four very good prospects from the deals at the deadline.

This is nothing like 98-04.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
This team could end up adding a player similar to Pietrangelo, and a couple of wingers similar to Pastrnak, and people think the Rangers are going to end up with mediocre players from this draft. This first round is a ridiculously deep draft, and the Rangers right now have at least 7 of the top 93 players available. They got two of the best prospects from last year’s draft, and added four very good prospects from the deals at the deadline.
Still need that upper level elite player you can build around, unfortunately you have to be BUFFALO bad to have a reasonable chance at that.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I still think we end up between 6 and 8. Once again, this team continues to be outshot. If Carolina had any semblance of goaltending, that’s a loss.

Perhaps. We’ll see if other teams win.

If the difference is picking 6th or picking 10th, there’s a diffeeence there. You’re talking about Boqvist/Hughes vs. Bouchard/Dobson.

Depending on how you view guys, that’s not necessarily a negligible difference. Maybe it is for the Rangers. Remains to be seen.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That’s more an indictment on the team in front of him. He’s been great, but the volume of shots he’s faced is absurd.

Agreed, but the fact he’s even sporting a .930 SV% is beyond ridiculous, considering the deadline the Rangers had.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Fine, you can have him for Boeser.

I signed him for my fantasy pool at the start of the year, just cause, you never know - and free asset.

Followed him this season and I’ve gone from :

Uh ok, well I tried?
Hmm, he’s starting to do ok
Ok ok, he’s getting his legs under him now
Hey he’s doing really good right now
Holy f*** he’s in the NHL
HOLY HELL hes doing GOOD in the NHL

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
You have Chytil. You add a legit #1 Dman and a couple of Pastrnak level wingers, and then grab another player on that level next year, with Shestyorkin in goal, and you’re there.
Lot of faith in Chytil ... I like him a lot too ... but I'd like to have at least 2 more of his type, it's a numbers game and I want more playing chips.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You have Chytil. You add a legit #1 Dman and a couple of Pastrnak level wingers, and then grab another player on that level next year, with Shestyorkin in goal, and you’re there.

Well yeah, adding a legit number one defenseman and three top 6 wingers would do wonders for most teams.

Actually doing it on the other hand...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
No one is talking about it because we as Rangers fans take good goalies for granted

Like the Chiefs with running backs

We just always have good ones

I actually had that thought during the game, funnily enough. I was like, wait, does his mean the Rangers are going to move Georgiyev in the next few seasons to pursue a starting role? :laugh:

Seems to be he norm for NYR backups.

member 116805

[MOD]
It tells me pwppw don't actually watch it here games, just the stats. And still they are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad