Rumor: Carolina "hard after" Jonas Brodin

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If they trade Brodin it needs to be something more than just selling him off for a late 1st + prospect + mid pick sort of thing. Some guys get sold off because they aren't in the team's long term plans or because the team can't afford him, but neither apply here. If he's traded it's because Minnesota has the luxury to sacrifice him to satisfy more important needs elsewhere. Late 1sts and pretty good prospects shouldn't qualify.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would be a great move by Carolina. Just don't know what they'll offer the wild to sway them to move on from him. Can't imagine just picks do it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Second thread this week where teams have been said to be "hot after" a Wild player that Minnesota has no pressing reason to trade, and somehow it's the buying team setting the prices.

The only comment was Canes likely wouldn't trade a young, top 6 C for Brodin with 1.5 years left. The Canes only "young top 6 C" is Aho. Is it that unrealistic to say Canes aren't trading Aho for Brodin?

Reactions: Stubu

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The only comment was Canes likely wouldn't trade a young, top 6 C for Brodin. The Canes only "young top 6 C" is Aho. Is it that unrealistic to say Canes aren't trading Aho for Brodie?
I may be misreading the tone then. Looking at what the Hurricanes are likely to be offering I doubt this goes anywhere, personally.

Reactions: Stubu

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yeah, who wouldn't be "hard" after this:

jonas-brodin-2019-2331.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Edmundson isn't very good and Gardiner has been a disappointment so far. He's looked better for the most part the last few games, but they would like an upgrade next to Pesce on the 2nd pairing.

If the Canes had elite goaltending, it would be a different situation.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Second thread this week where teams have been said to be "hot after" a Wild player that Minnesota has no pressing reason to trade, and somehow it's the buying team setting the prices.

It's not meant to be that obnoxious. There is a recent precedent that Carolina fans and the real life market at large will look to (Muzzin). The question becomes if Minnesota is ready to continue re-tooling, using a piece that doesn't have much term left and can bring back a good package of assets. The Canes move on to another target if the answer is no.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Edmundson isn't very good and Gardiner has been a disappointment so far. He's looked better for the most part the last few games, but they would like an upgrade next to Pesce on the 2nd pairing.

If the Canes had elite goaltending, it would be a different situation.

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's not meant to be that obnoxious. There is a recent precedent that Carolina fans and the market at large will look to (Muzzin). The question becomes if Minnesota is ready to continue re-tooling, using a piece that doesn't have much term left and can bring back a good package of assets. The Canes move on to another target if the answer is no.
If the package is something like Carolina's 1st + an okay 22 year old AHLer + a 3rd I think it'd be a pretty easy choice to move on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would ask for Necas and I would do it straight up

Assuming that would be a non-starter for Carolina, I would then ask for 1st+Rees/Suzuki

Assuming that would be a no from Carolina, I would still consider 2nd+Rees/Suzuki depending on what other teams are offering

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad