Pre-Game Talk: Carolina at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton H Christ

ruh-roh corvo
May 4, 2011
Columbia SC
I'm not as confident as others are about this game. The Leafs are a physical team and the Canes can struggle against teams like that. They are also a very opportunistic team that makes the most of other teams mistakes so the Canes will have to minimize any mistakes to be successful.

The Kings game gave me confidence in the Hurricanes' physicality when needed, hopefully they can be just as physical here.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Toronto seems to have beefed up some I think and I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Muller dress Westgarth (for some/no reason). I hope Komi sticks it to them if he plays. don't see a win though with the matchups on the road either.

speculating.............................

Last edited:

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Listening to M vs W about how Toronto's numbers are much worse than their current record would belie, I would think that we could come out ahead on this game. The key is our zone control I think, and solid goal tending as per usual.

I hope Komi comes up strong against his old team. We need his big body presence with the goonish size Toronto has gained. I agree that it would make sense for him to go in and Bellemore to be the healthy scratch. I think Murphy's play making factor is just too strong to take him out of the equation, where we need pass control and a bit more offensive sting. He also appears to be good at keeping his head up.

Word on the twitter is that Lindholm could be good to go for the Islander game, and Gleason is riding with the team and should start skating soon.

Will be interesting to see if the lines stay the same. Ruu seemed pretty snappy on the first line last night.

all our goonish size is on the IR.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'm pretty sure we just found the plot for "Goon 2". Maybe they can get Adam Sandler to play Westgarth.

Seth Rogen as Tim Gleason
Rob Lowe as Eric Staal
Elmer Fudd as Tripp Tracy

Holy crap...this should be its own thread. Maybe I've just found a replacement GDT theme, now that Breaking Bad/Raleigh meth is gone.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I know Bieber has the inside track, but I always though Sean Astin could play Jeff Skinner

300.astin.sean.lc.030909.jpg

6826751875_9b1648892a_z.jpg

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Seth Rogen as Tim Gleason
Rob Lowe as Eric Staal
Elmer Fudd as Tripp Tracy

Holy crap...this should be its own thread. Maybe I've just found a replacement GDT theme, now that Breaking Bad/Raleigh meth is gone.

Eric Staal equals Jesse Piemons aka Todd from Breaking Bad. Doppelgänger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad