GDT: CARNAS: Lack of secondary scoring is killing us

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The numbers don't 100 percent back it up, but I thought the guys were the most engaged in that period than they've been in a long while. They were good at the blue lines, got to their cycle while giving NSH very little time, and got a goal from not the top line.

Lots better in their own zone. The offense is still trying to be too cute, but honestly, I'll take that trade-off.

Fleury is very noticeable, and it's nice. He's still 50-50 as to whether he's going to make the right play or the absolutely wrong play when he has the puck, but he's asserting himself well and the confidence is growing. IMO, he's got to get that puck deep instead of having his shot blocked at the offensive blue line, and he's got to eat the puck behind his own net with under 10 seconds to play. That's not the time to try to make a play. His awareness in situations like those still scares me, but I guess he's learning.

Yep, he's shown me more potential to be a top 4 defenseman in the NHL in the last 5 games than he has in the last 5 years prior. Mostly because he's been a useful player while still making the wrong play a significant percentage of the time.

Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->