Signing(s): Carmelo Anthony to Portland

Sep 19, 2008
His career was kind of derailed after he went to Houston

Be curious if he has anything left

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well all the "Carmelo needs a farewell tour" people will be happy.

I'm just happy it wasn't MJ who signed him.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Portland needs all the help they can get, don’t see any downfalls here.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His career was kind of derailed after he went to Houston

Be curious if he has anything left

If were being honest it was derailed in 2007 when he signed a 5 year deal, not a 3 year deal like his best buds D-Wade & Bron. He was supposed to be the 3rd guy in a big 3 but chose the $$$ over flexibility. Then, again in 2014 he chose the money and will likely retire ringless.

I think he's the highest earning NBA player of all time (on court earnings only) or at worst he's behind Kobe & KG. So I guess he has that going for him, plus 3 Gold Medals.

Well all the "Carmelo needs a farewell tour" people will be happy.

I'm just happy it wasn't MJ who signed him.

I don't think he'll get one TBH. Doesn't have the same status as Wade + Dirk, nor is he as well-liked as them. Nuggets/Knicks might honor him but thats it.

Reactions: HisIceness

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wonder how long his " I'll gladly come off the bench to help the team " crap will last ????

Maybe he finally realized he is a shell of his former self and the only way he will have a remote chance at that elusive championship is if he shuts up and goes on when the coach says so.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wonder how long his " I'll gladly come off the bench to help the team " crap will last ????

Maybe he finally realized he is a shell of his former self and the only way he will have a remote chance at that elusive championship is if he shuts up and goes on when the coach says so.

Maybe - but he just doesn't strike me as a guy that will ever put the team ahead of his personal stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->