Carlyle Fired

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
[SATIRE]

When asked about Coach Eakins: "It's not the right time. [SDG] is our affiliate team... we don't want to put them on a difficult position". GM Murray has no prior coaching experience as a HC in the NHL. "I don't see it as a major problem. I know what this team is capable of, I did put it together, after all. Things didn't work out with Randy [Carlyle], and I think it's a matter of respect, matter of work ethics, matter of unsolved problems in the locker room. What this team needs, is a fresh start. We are not going to make it to the playoffs. I admit it. I could've promoted Dallas Eakins... but what good would've it done? A blind chicken could do a better job than Randy did in the past couple of months or so. We don't need a good coach. We don't need to mess with San Diego. We need the players to step up their game, it's as simple as that. Yada yada yada. I'm not gonna trade Fowler. No witness me as I trade him two weeks from now lmao."

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Who are GM’s that have been head coaches at the same time? Off the top of my head: Pat Quinn with Leafs, Bryan Murray with Sens, Lou Lamoriello with NJ, Darryl Sutter with Flames

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fair enough, my 2 cents though is Anaheim might be best off looking at retooling and Trade Getzlaf (and maybe dump Perry?)

Both have a NMC ( as does Kesler ) . You can't dump or trade them anywhere without them agreeing to it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he should've never been rehired. he's never been a good HC and don't even talk about how he has a cup. a rock could have coached that 07 team to a title

its like the ducks are trying very hard to become the league's laughingstock. murray coaching the team is just LOL

unfortunately this isn't the last ducks fans will be seeing of carlyle as it was planned that he'd be moving into a FO role once his coaching days are over

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What's with these dumb GMs wanting to stick with their guy as long as possible? Burke did the same thing with Wilson in Toronto till the fans forced his hands.

murray and carlyle are drinking buddies

anaheim is the league's latest old boys club

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Sad to see you go, tank job.

Otherwise:
xm2i.gif

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Have to wait and see what it looks like, but I can understand the move.

Shows the fans changes are being made while keeping the tank and not adding some HC who wants a chance to win the job.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Protecting Eakins Ducks record by not having him start during a tank.

Team doesn't want to pay anyone else, just have the GM coach. Nice.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Who are GM’s that have been head coaches at the same time? Off the top of my head: Pat Quinn with Leafs, Bryan Murray with Sens, Lou Lamoriello with NJ, Darryl Sutter with Flames

And Bob Murray is no Quinn, Lamoriello or Bryan Murray

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Once again he'll sit and collect cheques for not working. What a life.

Feels like it's been a while since a GM went behind the bench. Anyone recall the last time it happened? Surely happened more recently than Lou in NJ.
Milbury on the island in the late 90s as well

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Wait. Their NHL and AHL coaches were Carlyle and Eakins?

Oh wow.
I did hear a good argument for why you shouldn't blame Eakins for what happened in Edmonton. [Also saw a good argument for why you shouldn't invest a ton in his coaching ability because of what he was given with the Marlies.]

The bigger issue we have now is: we have to find another train wreck to watch and wonder why team management isn't doing what EVERYONE else sees as being the obvious move to fix things.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'd be willing to give Eakins a second chance outside of the suck void of Edmonton.

eakins has done a very good job in SD

no head coach could have had success with those disastrous oilers teams. krueger got the most out of that bunch and then was fired

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
At this point Anaheim should just have kept him on for the rest of the season and tanked it.

Let's be honest here chances are you will need at LEAST 90 points to get a playoff spot which means Anaheim would have to go 20-6 to finish off the season

20-6... Ducks did that in at the end of 2016-17 I think.

If they want to tank.. promote Dallas Eakins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->