Carlyle Fired

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Once again he'll sit and collect cheques for not working. What a life.

Feels like it's been a while since a GM went behind the bench. Anyone recall the last time it happened? Surely happened more recently than Lou in NJ.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Please no.

Vps.gif

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
At this point Anaheim should just have kept him on for the rest of the season and tanked it.

Let's be honest here chances are you will need at LEAST 90 points to get a playoff spot which means Anaheim would have to go 20-6 to finish off the season

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Ducks looked they had a strong future a few years ago with their young talent on the blueline. As a Sharks fan, I celebrated when they downgraded coach from Boudreau to Carlyle. I still think they have way more talent than their results suggest, but it's going to take at least a couple years to turn around at this point.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Murray should be fired too. Honestly this was also really bad timing. Fired too late for the Ducks to realistically have a good season, but will probably turn things around enough to stop the Ducks from a proper tank

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At this point Anaheim should just have kept him on for the rest of the season and tanked it.

This is likely about the optics more than anything. The way the team "played" the last couple of weeks can't be acceptable to anyone . Losing is one thing but losing without any resistance that you can never accept. How can players that just gave up like that be expected to come back next year and perform again ? It's not like you can just clean house completely with some of the contracts the Ducks have on the payroll.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have loads of respect for the man, but I think it’s safe to say as a coach the game has passed him by. Maybe he could have success in media or in management. But as a coach I think his days are done.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This is likely about the optics more than anything. The way the team "played" the last couple of weeks can't be acceptable to anyone . Losing is one thing but losing without any resistance that you can never accept. How can players that just gave up like that be expected to come back next year and perform again ? It's not like you can just clean house completely with some of the contracts the Ducks have on the payroll.

Fair enough, my 2 cents though is Anaheim might be best off looking at retooling and Trade Getzlaf (and maybe dump Perry?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->