Carlyle Fired

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Not unexpected, but I think the wrong guy was fired. Murray's not a bad GM, but he built the Ducks to win in the old NHL, and Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler are nowhere near the players they were even 3 years ago. The team got old, slow, and crappy - that's on the GM.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I like it. This is what I would do if I was a GM. Lou did it that time too.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
When I read Carlyle fired: Woohoo!

When I read Murray is the new coach: Welcome to Anaheim, Jack Hughes :rolleyes:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not unexpected, but I think the wrong guy was fired. Murray's not a bad GM, but he built the Ducks to win in the old NHL, and Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler are nowhere near the players they were even 3 years ago. The team got old, slow, and crappy - that's on the GM.
I really can't blame them on Getzlaf and Perry, they were star players playing well. Kesler maybe they shouldn't have gone after. Only other bad move IMO is Henrique.

They do have some youth in guys like Rakell, Kase, Silverberg, Ritchie and what should be a decent defense.

Don't think the team should be as bad as they are.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
replaced a bad coach with someone who has NEVER coached. ownership has no clue, they handed the reigns completely to bob, he is master-blaster. bob is just as big a problem as carlyle. they're both dinosaurs confused as to why their winning strategy isn't working. blaming the players and not themselves for the roster they built and the system their using. this will not inspire the team, they will continue to suck for the same reasons they have been system/roster.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I see the ducks doing better because the guy behind their bench for the rest of the season is also the guy who can trade them when he chooses so. That's quite the indirect motivator

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
When I read Carlyle fired: Woohoo!

When I read Murray is the new coach: Welcome to Anaheim, Jack Hughes :rolleyes:

eaBDNqp.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Eakins is an excellent coach. I suspect he gets heat here simply because he was unfortunate enough to coach the Oilers. I don't like the idea of Murray behind the bench though. Best to bring in a short term guy like a Claude Noel type, just to ease the tension. Maybe the boys would get a few laughs and enjoy the game.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Eakins is an excellent coach. I suspect he gets heat here simply because he was unfortunate enough to coach the Oilers. I don't like the idea of Murray behind the bench though. Best to bring in a short term guy like a Claude Noel type, just to ease the tension. Maybe the boys would get a few laughs and enjoy the game.

Is Eakins an excellent coach?

I don't know. I certainly wouldn't give him props like that when you consider his Oiler experience. I know that it's a dysfunctional organization, but Eakins had his own (well documented) moments.

Have you ever heard of a thing called pyramid schemes? Dallas obviously didn't.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I think the Ducks should take a look at Keefe and Vigneault. More importantly time to move on from Murray though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Surprised there isn't more blame or negativity towards Murray, that organization is old boys club 101 akin to Edmonton Oilers. Sure Murray might draft good, but nothing will change as long as he's in charged (they really need a new and fresh perspective).

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Maybe its been stated already, but anytime a GM says they are taking over as interim head coach to find out about the room. I imagine the real reason is they don't want to have to pay another head coach this year and this is just a cost savings issue.

Reactions: paine

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
I take that as a compliment haha

I'd like to imagine IDubbbz as a moderator on these forums :laugh: Pretty sure I've seen him wear NHL jerseys in the past.

On topic, I picture Anaheim unloading some of the scrubs this year, grabbing a good pick and will be a bubble payoff team by next year. They have some good pieces to work around.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see the big deal about Murray. They're done this season. He said as much. Why hire an interim without a proper coaching search this late in the game? This way he gets that good look ahead of the deadline and off season of what he wants to do.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Maybe Bryan can hire his brother (from another mother) Terry. He's not doing anything as far as I know. Anne Murray can sing the Anthem.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I am surprised it took Murray longer to can Carlyle than Bergevin to fire Therrien. That's just wrong. I watched a couple of recent Duck games on their swing through Toronto and Montreal, and the team was just going through the motions. They were awful.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I wish the Hurricanes had done this with Paul Maurice after a similar losing streak in the fall of 2009. Instead they chose to rip the C off of Rod Brindamour's chest and give it to a henceforth lazy Eric Staal and that is why we are at where we are at 10 years later.

So, Ducks fans should be happy. Imagine if they just disgraced whoever your captain is in retribution for the losing streak instead.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Weird fact: Both Bryan Murray & Bob Murray have coached & GMed a team, both also have been GMs of the Ducks as the late Bryan Murray drafted Perry & Getzlaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->