Carlyle Fired

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I still can't believe the Ducks brought back a coach they previously fired in his first stint. It's like Oakland with John Gruden. I'll never understand the logic.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I still can't believe the Ducks brought back a coach they previously fired in his first stint. It's like Oakland with John Gruden. I'll never understand the logic.

Montreal did that back-to-back with 2nd chances to Therrien and Julien, only so many Franco coaches around. At least Carlyle won a cup first time around.

Reactions: cashinstinct

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
It's popular to **** on Eakins, but let's remember he coached a roster that was beyond putrid. Instead of being a 1 line team with McDavid it was a 1 line team with Hall RNH Eberle. Eakins never had a chance.
Krueger seemed to do okay.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It's funny seeing people defend Randy's coaching because of the roster. On paper, the roster is fine. our top 4 D are good players. Out top 6 of Rakell-Getz-Kase (when healthy), Ritchie-Rico-Sprong is just fine. Our bottom 6 isn't as deep as it once was, but it's not godawful. The weakest link is our bottom pairing D and Ryan Kesler. Oh yeah, we have Gibson still. When healthy and on paper, this roster is just fine; not a contender but not this bad. This team was this bad because of Randy.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
At this point nothing can be worse than Carlyle, but it has to be worrisome that your inept GM is now your head coach too.
Remember the whole Tom Rowe ordeal with the Panthers a couple of years ago? And he actually had previous coaching experience.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Why does this firing make me think of an NFL team that is losing late in the game and they let the clock go for 30 seconds before finally calling a timeout?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
At this point nothing can be worse than Carlyle, but it has to be worrisome that your inept GM is now your head coach too.
Remember the whole Tom Rowe ordeal with the Panthers a couple of years ago? And he actually had previous coaching experience.
inept GM? BM has lost a lot of respect from a lot of ducks fans and while he has his faults, i would hardly call him inept....look at what the ducks have done over the last decade..I think some people dont understand where the ducks are right now as a franchise and why this is actually a pretty good move...if they could get away with not having a HC, they would do it because it doesnt matter, they have pulled the plug on this season and are now evaluating whats going to happen over the summer.

Reactions: Trojans86

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
inept GM? BM has lost a lot of respect from a lot of ducks fans and while he has his faults, i would hardly call him inept....look at what the ducks have done over the last decade..I think some people dont understand where the ducks are right now as a franchise and why this is actually a pretty good move...if they could get away with not having a HC, they would do it because it doesnt matter, they have pulled the plug on this season and are now evaluating whats going to happen over the summer.
Bob was frequently voted a top gm last year. His guys dont just get worse when they are mostly young kids out there. The team quit on the coach and that is easy to see. Not on Bob at all. He has actually been very good.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kinda odd to fire him once everything is already lost. Why disrupt the tank.
Yea I'd thought they wait for locker clean-out. Watch Anaheim go on a meaningless run now and **** up their pick.
Lol is everyone missing the fact that a man who has never coached more than a peewee team (and I'm not even sure he's done that) is their interim coach?

I'm willing to bet there's posters on here with more coaching experience than Bob Murray.

Reactions: Irish Blues

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
It's funny seeing people defend Randy's coaching because of the roster. On paper, the roster is fine. our top 4 D are good players. Out top 6 of Rakell-Getz-Kase (when healthy), Ritchie-Rico-Sprong is just fine. Our bottom 6 isn't as deep as it once was, but it's not godawful. The weakest link is our bottom pairing D and Ryan Kesler. Oh yeah, we have Gibson still. When healthy and on paper, this roster is just fine; not a contender but not this bad. This team was this bad because of Randy.

This team was bad because the players wanted to be bad. It's clear they wanted Carlyle gone, just like last time. Carlyle was a part of the things that aren't good enough, but it's not solely his fault, come on. Players just stopped giving a f***. They are not even trying.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It just occurred to me that Dallas Eakins will probably be the Ducks head coach next year. LOL how do these duds keep finding work? Someone might actually hire Peter Chiarelli yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad