Carlos Rodon with no hitter

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I think you're wrong about that...

"Yeah, we got no-hit tonight, but at least we drew that walk in the 4th inning to save face"

Think about how ridiculous that sounds...

Thats because you are making it sound ridiculous. Like saying "we may have gotten shutout but at least we got that bunt single in the 8th to save face" to explain that being shutout and no hit are similar

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Thats because you are making it sound ridiculous. Like saying "we may have gotten shutout but at least we got that bunt single in the 8th to save face" to explain that being shutout and no hit are similar

You're the one saying these things aren't on the same planet...

Personally, I don't think players care all that much between being shutout, no-hit, and a perfect gamed

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
No ump ever calls the front side either, so that's irrelevant...

What's written in the rule book?
I’ve seen it called when a player leans in, or takes one off the arm without any movement.

I can tell you from experience that it is unrealistic to expect a hitter to move their back foot. The front one, yes.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I’ve seen it called when a player leans in, or takes one off the arm without any movement.

I can tell you from experience that it is unrealistic to expect a hitter to move their back foot. The front one, yes.

The rule is that the batter must make an attempt to avoid being hit... whether they're successful getting out of the way is irrelevant...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The rule is that the batter must make an attempt to avoid being hit... whether they're successful getting out of the way is irrelevant...
And I’m telling you it’s unreasonable to expect a hitter to be able to avoid that type of pitch in that location. Believe it or not that’s factored into the call.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
And I’m telling you it’s unreasonable to expect a hitter to be able to avoid that type of pitch in that location. Believe it or not that’s factored into the call.

And I'm telling you it is reasonable...

So, let's just agree to disagree

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm sure when a guy goes up there with one out left in a no-hitter or perfect game, he's absolutely thinking "well i better not break any unwritten rules"

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
i'm sure when a guy goes up there with one out left in a no-hitter or perfect game, he's absolutely thinking "well i better not break any unwritten rules"

Well apparently, I learned in this thread, players dont actually care if they get no hit or have a perfect game thrown against them. 'Nother night at the office I guess

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Love seeing no-hitters no matter who the team is.

The closest I've been in person was in 2018 seeing Michael Wacha take a no-hitter into the 9th but gave up a hit to the first batter in the 9th.

Reactions: Memento

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad