Carlos Rodon with no hitter

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Has anyone ever seen a no-hitter in person? I was fortunate enough to be at the Angels combined no-hitter 2 years ago

Hawkeye8

Aug 2, 2002
San Pablo, CA
Has anyone ever seen a no-hitter in person? I was fortunate enough to be at the Angels combined no-hitter 2 years ago

I was at Matt Cain's perfect game. Best sporting event I have ever been at. Also the stories about the atmosphere feeling different is very much real. I want to say by the fourth inning I was thinking this could be special. Shortly later there was definitely a buzz going around as the game progressed. The eight and ninth innings were just insane.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was at Matt Cain's perfect game. Best sporting event I have ever been at. Also the stories about the atmosphere feeling different is very much real. I want to say by the fourth inning I was thinking this could be special. Shortly later there was definitely a buzz going around as the game progressed. The eight and ninth innings were just insane.
That Astros lineup was absolutely putrid at the time. Back in their 15 million dollar payroll, non-cheating days.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Disappointing to see the batter make no attempt to move on a pitch at his feet to spoil the perfect game...

1 out in the 9th of an 8 - 0 game... and he just stands there while the ball hits his back foot

Wasn't a fan of that...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Disappointing to see the batter make no attempt to move on a pitch at his feet to spoil the perfect game...

1 out in the 9th of an 8 - 0 game... and he just stands there while the ball hits his back foot

Wasn't a fan of that...

Nah that's rubbish. Why should he move?

You don't lean in like Conforto did but no reason why you'd move.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Yeah the batter should show some respect and allow his team to be embarrassed.... Also, since asked, I was at Lincecum's second no hitter

Reactions: Terry Yake

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Yeah the batter should show some respect and allow his team to be embarrassed.... Also, since asked, I was at Lincecum's second no hitter

How about showing respect for the rules of the game?

It was 8 - 0, and they'd been no-hit through 8+ innings... they were already going home embarrassed

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Rodon was a stud at NC State, I saw him play there a few times and thought he'd be a great MLB pitcher. Never expected a near perfect game though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
after the whole thing with tabata, scherzer came out and said he would've done exactly the same thing if he was tabata in that situation. the last thing you want is for your team to get no-hit, let alone be the victim of a perfect game

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was offered tickets to White Sox day game, but declined because I didn't want to take a day off. Ended up getting wasted the night before (I was in my 20s) and calling off to work anyways. Watched Buerhle's perfect game at home.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
How about showing respect for the rules of the game?

It was 8 - 0, and they'd been no-hit through 8+ innings... they were already going home embarrassed

being shutout is on a different planet as being no-hit, which is on a different planet as a perfect game. You see guys attempting to bunt for a hit from time to time to break up no hitters. If a guy throws at you, you are not disrespecting the game by being beaned, how often do you see a guy hit in the foot that moved his foot before he got hit? Your foot is planted and you are transferring your weight, its not the same as turning away

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
being shutout is on a different planet as being no-hit, which is on a different planet as a perfect game. You see guys attempting to bunt for a hit from time to time to break up no hitters. If a guy throws at you, you are not disrespecting the game by being beaned, how often do you see a guy hit in the foot that moved his foot before he got hit? Your foot is planted and you are transferring your weight, its not the same as turning away

A no-hitter and a perfect game are on different planets?

I have no problem with someone laying down a bunt with a no-hitter on the line...

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
A no-hitter and a perfect game are on different planets?

I have no problem with someone laying down a bunt with a no-hitter on the line...

Of course they are on different planets, there have only been 23 perfect games while there have been 307 no hitters...its not even close

I wasnt pointing out a problem with bunting in a no hitter, just how its similar to not jumping out of the way of a bean ball

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Of course they are on different planets, there have only been 23 perfect games while there have been 307 no hitters...its not even close

I wasnt pointing out a problem with bunting in a no hitter, just how its similar to not jumping out of the way of a bean ball

From the perspective of the team being shutout - which is what I thought we were talking about - a no-hitter or a perfect game is essentially the same thing

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't think there is much correlations between how great a pitcher is and throwing no no.
there isn't. there have been so many no-name pitchers who tossed no-hitters. just a matter of having all your stuff at 100% and getting every single bounce/call go your way

hell, a pretty good amount of guys who have thrown perfect games were the furthest thing from HOF talent. hello phil humber and dallas braden

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
From the perspective of the team being shutout - which is what I thought we were talking about - a no-hitter or a perfect game is essentially the same thing

Well, I was talking about from an overall team stand point and I'm just assuming but I assume players would feel a lot different from a perfect game than a no hitter, but idk perhaps not

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Well, I was talking about from an overall team stand point and I'm just assuming but I assume players would feel a lot different from a perfect game than a no hitter, but idk perhaps not

I think you're wrong about that...

"Yeah, we got no-hit tonight, but at least we drew that walk in the 4th inning to save face"

Think about how ridiculous that sounds...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad