Signing(s): Carlos Hyde signs with the Seahawks

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
With Penny's progress not going well, gives the Seahawks some insurance in regards to Carson.

Hyde takes the offer that was given to Devonta Freeman a few days ago.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With Penny's progress not going well, gives the Seahawks some insurance in regards to Carson.

Hyde takes the offer that was given to Devonta Freeman a few days ago.
Backfield seems set now with Carson, Penny, Hyde, and Homer.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I like Hyde more than the idea of adding Freeman. He's a tough, angry runner. By week 16 last year Seattle was down to its #4 RB so I will never scoff at a quality depth signing.

Kinda sad if it means no Lynch, though. Maybe the brass can talk him into at least hanging out at some capacity since the guys like being around him so much.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lol what load? They hardly let Wilson pass the ball until the 4th quarter. Opposing teams are very thankful for that.
I would have expected Seattle to be conserving their cap space with the hopes of getting a veteran DL as the summer goes on. They could use a veteran pass rusher up there.

Running the ball is not the issue, it's their lack of creativity in play calling that's the problem. Very simple basic offence, yet they boast a top 5 QB.

RB, this is a luxury add, much like drafting Penny in round 1 was a luxury pick, which so far has not panned out. But, can understand the signing because Penny tore his ACL in that Sunday night game against the Rams late in the season. Unless he's another genetic freak like Adrian Peterson who managed to get back at the start of the season, he should be out of action until October. So, it would have been Carson, Homer, and Dallas to start the season. Hyde gives them that veteran RB.

I would guess that most NFL teams split their 53 man roster evenly between O and D, after the 3 Special Teams positions are filled with K, P, LS.

9 OL, 2 QB, 3 TE, 5 WR, 4, RB which gives 23 spots. Final 2 spots would be based on the talent of the roster, plus injuries. So, see what the Hawks depth chart looks like once Penny is activated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->