Votes: 54 65.1%
  • Chara

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Chara by a hair, but that may change as soon as next season

Carlo is easily the better skater and better in transition.

Chara is better defensively and brings a lot more hitting and intimidation. Both of which make a big difference especially in the playoffs

Additionally Chara's experience and mentoring is extremely valuable to the young guys. I'd argue Chara has played a big role in Carlo's development.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Big Z can still get the job done and can be an imposing and intimidating presence back there and is still one of the top PKers in the league, but with Carlo's ability to break up plays defensively and also be able to skate it out of harms way and with him emerging as one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL, Carlo wins this one hands down.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I think Carlo gets the nod here. He’s grown into a fantastic shutdown D man, a great #3 imo, Chara is more like #4 at this point in his career.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think it's Carlo because he's a better skater and handles the puck better. Carlo is also a better "puck mover" or "get it out of the zone" guy.

Chara clearly has a harder shot, and I *think* it's more accurate but that's a guess.

If I had to pick one, I'm going with Carlo.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Chara makes fewer mistakes so I went with him. I'm a huge fan of Carlo though.

Also, the value of Chara is that he mentored Carlo and is a big reason of why he's so good. If we can have Chara do that for another year and bring Vaak along, it's even better.

Reactions: Flannelman

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In a big game, big situation, it’s Chara. That’s not a knock on Carlo.... but it’s Z.

When has Carlo played in a "big game"? The answer is zero, so how do you judge the unknown?

that's how i judged it as well.

Game 7, up 1, final 2 minutes...who do you want out there

In 2010-11 the answer would have been Chara. This year based on what I have seen from both, it would be Carlo.

In reality, because one is LH and one RH, that is probably the shut down pair you would see up 1 in the final 2 minutes :laugh:

Reactions: compan

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Chara will have had the better career, but Carlo today I think is better with all things considered. He is a little more stable and isn't getting burned like Chara has been sometimes due to his slowing speed and agility. It's awesome for us to have both because Carlo is providing the team flexibility to shorten Chara's minutes to really give him the best chance for success. As great of shape that he is in, I don't think top line minutes for a playoff run is a good idea.

In reality, because one is LH and one RH, that is probably the shut down pair you would see up 1 in the final 2 minutes :laugh:

Bingo. This.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Chara will have had the better career, but Carlo today I think is better with all things considered. He is a little more stable and isn't getting burned like Chara has been sometimes due to his slowing speed and agility. It's awesome for us to have both because Carlo is providing the team flexibility to shorten Chara's minutes to really give him the best chance for success. As great of shape that he is in, I don't think top line minutes for a playoff run is a good idea.

Bingo. This.

Carlo is a new age Chara

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Carlo by quite a bit

Saw some stat the other day that he has had the least goals scored against while he is on the ice per 60 of any D-man in the league that had played over 1000 minutes

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Carlo by quite a bit

Saw some stat the other day that he has had the least goals scored against while he is on the ice per 60 of any D-man in the league that had played over 1000 minutes

Pretty impressive but according to other sections we overrate Carlo lol

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
I think Chara needs to be more agressive, since he's been in Boston coaches have probably been telling him you are our best PKer stay out of the box but now we have other defenseman that can do the job
I don't mean agressive in front of the net or in the corners he does a good job there I mean as a player crosses the blue line to the the face off dot he's reaching trying to poke check , to hell with that take the body with extreme prejudice and the game will be much easier for him.
I think Chara 's problems started after the Pacioretti hit he played the game free and agressive but after all those accusations it changed him and now small fast players who tried to escape buy going wide are getting the puck into his feet, going even lower clipping him on the hip, buy the time he regains his balance it's to late.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
When has Carlo played in a "big game"? The answer is zero, so how do you judge the unknown?

In 2010-11 the answer would have been Chara. This year based on what I have seen from both, it would be Carlo.

I’m not sure if you misread, misunderstood or misinterpreted what I wrote. Strange response and it seems like you missed the whole point of what I was saying.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Love both players, but one is a Norris winner and it's not even close if we compare Carlo to Chara in his prime. With that said; let's see what Carlo is in his prime.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i think we've reached "wrap Brandon in bubblewrap and put him in stasis" stage of the season.
i REALLY want to see this guy in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad