Celebrity Death: Carl Weathers

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
My first introduction to Weathers was a 1978 TV movie called The Bermuda Depths

I must've only been about 7 or 8 when I watched it, and had no idea what the name of the film was, but I never forgot the image of his lifeless body being pulled in the water...

Once the internet came along, I was able to find the film's title, and finally watch the clip again on YouTube...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zodiac and shadow1

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I used to watch street justice, it was so long ago i'm vaguely remember that time, I remember only my excitement of the show. I found the name of that series and that he was in the cast several years ago

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
RIP legend.

Get that heavenly stew going baby!
carly.jpg

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Seemed like a super nice and charismatic person, and was in shockingly few theatrical films yet amassed so many iconic roles.

RIP

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was just watching something he did recently, an interview I believe, and couldn’t get over how great he looked for being 76.

Then he died a few days later… just never know.

I told my wife he died and my daughter asked who he was and I showed her a recent pic, and she thought he was “like 45”.

Reactions: Nakatomi

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Weathers' two biggest roles were playing second-fiddle to the world's biggest action stars, Stallone and Schwarzenegger, in the Rocky and Predator series. Pretty cool resume.

Reactions: Nakatomi

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Under utilized star power. He had a coupkle supporting roles in Blaxsplotation movies, but had he come along earlier he probably would have been a headliner in that genre.

While his action chops were left fallow, I'm glad he had such a great second life in comedy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad