Value of: Carl Soderberg

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Probably unlikely that the Coyotes would trade him, but I have a few thoughts on this:

1. Arizona is looking to get Barrett Hayton in the lineup, but the best way to do that would be to move a player.

2. Arizona is without Demers, who is a RH defenseman, due to a core muscle injury. The only other defenseman who is right handed is Ilya Lyubushkin. I think that the Coyotes could look to adding a defenseman with a right hand shot.

3. Of the players that Arizona could trade, there are some moves that can and can't be made. Arizona is near the top in salary expense, and does not have a ton of room. So, some of the low-dollar contracts (Garland, Hinostroza, Richardson, etc.) may not provide the room to add a quality defenseman. For many of the other players, the high-dollar contracts are attached to term that is current or upcoming (Keller, Schmaltz, Chychrun, etc.). That leaves Grabner and Soderberg as the two players who seem to fit a value and need perspective for other teams. Unfortunately, Grabner has not been the same since his eye injury, so I don't think he gets dealt.

What sort of value is Soderberg worth for a RHD? What would be fair value involving Soderberg for the following players (understanding that I may need to add for Bogosian, and a player like Braun may require a 7th from Philadelphia for Soderberg alone):

Braun
Bogosian
Forbort
Bowey
Gubrandson

???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad