Value of: Carl Gunnarson and Jaybo

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I am sure you could find some Blues fans who are frothing at the mouth to get rid of Bouwmeester so badly that they would accept this deal. However, I would rather let him sit in the press box all season rather than give up a prospect like Kostin. Or Bokk. Or a 2nd. Hard pass.
I honestly dont see any blues fans willing to part with Bokk or Kostin. I dont think Jaybo or Gunnarson (once he has proven he is ok) has negative value to a team looking for an above average 2nd or 3rd pairing defender.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Kostin and Bokk are not going anywhere. We can just hold onto jaybo. That is really a silly request

A blues fan said JB + 2nd for Neilsen.
So I assumed 2nd + 3rd + 4th = late 1st round prospect. Is that value far off?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
A blues fan said JB + 2nd for Neilsen.
So I assumed 2nd + 3rd + 4th = late 1st round prospect. Is that value far off?

Yes that value is very far off. You cannot equate a prospects value to draft position. It doesn’t make any sense. Especially multiple years post draft. Assume the prospect is Liljegren and it is Hainsey on Jay Bouwmeesters deal. And ask yourself. Would you trade Hainsey (1 year remaining at 5.4) + Liljegren for Jake Walman + late 3rd + late 4th

Whomever said Jaybo + 2nd for Nielsen is not a Blues fan. It’s a bit preposterous to imagine Armstrong paying a pick to trade off Bouwmeester, especially considering left defense is pretty much our only area of somewhat need (although not really) on the roster outside of a goalie. I find it very hard to imagine that we’d consider dumping cap this season. I do not like Bouwmeesters play this year, but I also don’t see why we would pay to get rid of him instead of waive/bury which is also very unlikely.

I’m not going to go all out and say Bouwmeester has been ok but he has been better the past couple of games. I’m not buying it until I have a bigger sample size, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility that he was rusty. His mobility looked okay in the first games but his decision making and passing was absolutely terrible, was very hesitant with everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->