Kings Article: Carl Grundstrom Is Already Pushing Hard For A Shot with the LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Although he has been with the Los Angeles Kings organization for less than two weeks, left wing prospect Carl Grundstrom, who came over from Toronto in the Jake Muzzin trade, is already making quite the positive impression.

To hear what Grundstrom thinks about his play with the Ontario Reign (Kings' AHL affiliate), along with what Reign head coach Mike Stothers thinks of his newest player, check out...

Carl Grundstrom Is Already Pushing Hard For A Shot with the LA Kings

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He has a strong work ethic, NHL skills, speed, shot etc.. The issue is will the Kings surround him with enough talent to succeed and become a 45+ pt player?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
He's going to be a real solid forward, top 9 on the low end IMO with skill and grit. The high-end 25/25 candidate who goes off for 30 every now and then. He's scored at every level he's played at.. and I expect him to be the perfect LAK style hockey player.
So, Dustin Brown or Tanner Pearson?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
well hagelin is out, so i guess grundstrom is in

Still sitting Amadio or Brodzinski...so Amadio scored again, so that means he will sit. He sits in games after
he scores. So maybe Brodzinski plays in Florida..and a chance another deal or 2 by deadline, I suspect:

Lewis, Clifford, Kovalchuk (if he wants to move) and possibly Martinez or Quick. Carter and Pphaneuf untradeable Of all, I give Lewis highest chance. I do want to see Grundstrom up and hope it's soon. Maybe if one of the forwards gets traded, Grundstrom comes up. (or Luff)

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
From the Mayor - when he asked Brodzinski about playing with Grundstrom:

Brodzinski on linemate Carl Grundstrom – He's a power forward and has some skill too. He's fun to play with, for sure. He's F1 on the forecheck and he's gonna get that puck back for you. He's going to make those small area plays that some guys can't make.
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) February 16, 2019
Brodzinski continues to like what he sees in Grundstrom – "He's a hard working kid. Has a hard shot, really heavy shot. He's going to want to hone in on that going to the NHL; he's a heavy shot and a heavy body. He needs to work the corners and use that shot to his advanrage."
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) February 21, 2019

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think it's a great idea for Blake and co . to get a good look at him for the remainder of the year. Give him some minutes and see what's he's got. He's been terrific on the Reign and this is great way for him to test the waters.

Rosen says he'll be playing with Kempe and Toffoli

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Carl will be a great addition to this team. Can skate, hit, grind, win battles, goes to the net, has an NHL shot (didn't get to see that tonight though) good hands, defensively responsible. Can play either wing too. Can play on any line, for that matter. Hard worker, good attitude. Still have the TOR #1 and Durzi too. Good trade.

Players like Grundstrom, JAD, Kupari (Kakko / Hughes / ? ) and Mikey Anderson can come in and start a new culture. Petersen, for that matter. Walker, Roy , Wagner showing some good things too.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Carl will be a great addition to this team. Can skate, hit, grind, win battles, goes to the net, has an NHL shot (didn't get to see that tonight though) good hands, defensively responsible. Can play either wing too. Can play on any line, for that matter. Hard worker, good attitude. Still have the TOR #1 and Durzi too. Good trade.

Players like Grundstrom, JAD, Kupari (Kakko / Hughes / ? ) and Mikey Anderson can come in and start a new culture. Petersen, for that matter. Walker, Roy , Wagner showing some good things too.
Is Vilardi done??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad