Carkner's gotta go

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
He looks like he forgot how to play defense. What is worse is he won't fight anymore. He had a chance to get into it with Simmonds and let it go. It isn't like they need him for 5 minutes. Heck, it would be 5 minutes of Carkner free hockey. +1 to that.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
Carkner and Donovan have both been terrible. What's worse is Crapuano decides it would be a great idea to play them together. :facepalm:

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Ness and DeHaan haven't exactly been lighting it up in Bridgeport. As poorly as Carkner has played, Donovan has somehow been worse over the last few games.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Carkner & Donovan haven’t played well. But I could easily say they've been misused.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
It's more than just Carkner. Besides Hamonic the rest of this D Corp is jagalicious.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
He looks like he forgot how to play defense. What is worse is he won't fight anymore. He had a chance to get into it with Simmonds and let it go. It isn't like they need him for 5 minutes. Heck, it would be 5 minutes of Carkner free hockey. +1 to that.

Yea seriously, I just wanted him to fight to take him and the other player out of the game for at least 5 minutes lol.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Martinek is far better than Carkner. Once Visnovsky's back, I'd waive Carkner. Donovan-Martinek would be perfect, even Donovan - Strait would be much better, since Strait is a good stay-at-home guy.

They'll need to trim the roster anyway.

No way Donovan gets sent down. I love the way he plays the point on the PP (when it does happen), he made a real nice play (fake) in the 3rd when Isles almost scored. Oh well.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Yeah Carkner is god awful and Donovan has been lost in his own end, that pair has been death. Giving De Haan a chance is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

MacDonald Hamonic
Hickey Martinek
De Haan Strait
Donovan

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah Carkner is god awful and Donovan has been lost in his own end, that pair has been death. Giving De Haan a chance is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

MacDonald Hamonic
Hickey Martinek
De Haan Strait
Donovan

So you still want too see Amac as a top pair?

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
No I don't, but I'm not sure splitting them up will solve any thing. AMac has also been **** all year. :(

People say this year, but I say his whole career. Unfortunately we don't have many other options with this blueline corps. Even most, if not all of the AHL guys are not ready.

Being the best of the worst is what we are going to have to roll with this year. Not really conducive to making the playoffs, let alone being a contender.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I have a soft spot for carkner but he's not doing what he's here to do which is intimidate. He is reminding me way too much of the enforcers the rangers have signed over the years who once they get a good contract they stop doing the one thing that made them useful. Clutter could be a culprit of this also and Martin also seems to have gone soft this year.

The lineup the islanders iced tonight should have played downright nasty with boulton, carks, Martin, and clutter but they didn't

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I have a soft spot for carkner but he's not doing what he's here to do which is intimidate. He is reminding me way too much of the enforcers the rangers have signed over the years who once they get a good contract they stop doing the one thing that made them useful. Martin I think is suffering a bit from that this year too.

The lineup the islanders iced tonight should have played downright nasty with boulton, carks, Martin, and clutter but they didn't

Agreed on that post. We are a very soft team and we know how soft teams fare in the playoffs. Normally not so good:)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Carkner has always been awful. He needs to be insulated when he plays, and Donovan isn't pink and foam-like.

You can't have both in the lineup and expect to produce.

On another note, Boulton also needs to go. I'm pretty annoyed at the 'you need toughness and people to protects your players' nonsense. If you can't play, you shouldn't play.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
Carkner needs to be waived yesterday. It's hard to imagine someone could play worse defensively. It seems like every time he's out there the opposing team scores. And while Donovan has looked pretty brutal lately, I think that has been extrapolated by being paired with the god awful Carkner.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Carkner needs to be waived yesterday. It's hard to imagine someone could play worse defensively. It seems like every time he's out there the opposing team scores. And while Donovan has looked pretty brutal lately, I think that has been extrapolated by being paired with the god awful Carkner.

Indeed. You think they'd shelter the kid and put him with anyone else EXCEPT Carkner. It makes too much sense.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Oh I how I long for the days of mottau,Jurcina,eaton,gervais,Reese, and Staios.
LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!!!

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
There isn't enough money to eat steak every night. The other nights it's frankenberry cereal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->