Carey Price's arrival?

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_goalies

but yet you seem to think Price will be in the NHL in 08, and Irving is a career back-up.........

read much?
Can't really look to much into stats. Iriving plays on the best team in the WHL, Price plays for a very mediocre Tri City team which he often carries. I remeber the commentators bringing it up during the WJC saying that Irving would be the 1st to admit that he plays for a much stronger team in Everret. Irving is still a great goalie don't get me wrong I think he's going to do well for himself but theres a few goalies that would have those same stats if they played for Everett, Price being one of them.

PK*

He'll spend at least a season in Hamilton and I could see him sharing duties with Halak in Montreal (if both perform) by 2008-2009.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

but yet you seem to think Price will be in the NHL in 08, and Irving is a career back-up.........

read much?

Flames fans pimping Irving in a Price thread, didn't see that one coming:sarcasm: In case you really are a stats freak you should see that BOTH Everett goalies have awesome stats. Price was named best WHL goaltender by the players themselves. Irving is just playing oin a top team, just like Justin Pogge was

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

read much?
I don't think it's really fair to compare here. Different situations. I like both goalies, used first rounders in successive years on them in my FHL, but... Price certainly will have the door opened much earlier than Irving will. Right now, the Habs have no certainty about who will be Huet's backup next season. Halak and Danis are frontrunners based on experience, but Price outplayed all the goalies in camp this fall, and - while I'd rather see him play as a starter in Hamilton first - it's not *completely* impossible that he could force management's hand as early as next season. And then past that, Huet's deal is up after next year, by which time there could be another opening in net. This isn't the gig behind Kiprusoff we're talking about. Huet doesn't absorb big games even if he is de facto #1. And he's not one of the top-5 goalies in the world, that you automatically assume the team will find a way to retain him.

CalgaryFan1988

Jan 13, 2004
Alberta
Visit site
Flames fans pimping Irving in a Price thread, didn't see that one coming:sarcasm: In case you really are a stats freak you should see that BOTH Everett goalies have awesome stats. Price was named best WHL goaltender by the players themselves. Irving is just playing oin a top team, just like Justin Pogge was

I'm not "pimping" Irving. I know Price is supposed to be a good goalie. I'm just pointing out one user who thinks Irving is a career back-up, when he is a very good goalie, and a year younger than Price too. You Montreal fans are the ones getting a little defensive. Whats wrong with some healthy competition?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

read much?

You mean just like Irving was Price's back-up this year at the World Juniors? And don't bring up the fact that one is 18 and the other 19 because with your WHL stats you are saying that Irving is already better than Price. Yet who was the MVP of the tournament?

CalgaryFan1988

Jan 13, 2004
Alberta
Visit site
You mean just like Irving was Price's back-up this year at the World Juniors? And don't bring up the fact that one is 18 and the other 19 because with your WHL stats you are saying that Irving is already better than Price. Yet who was the MVP of the tournament?

Where did I say that Irving is better than Price? man you Montreal fans are a real hoot. All i asked was how is Irving considered a career back-up and Price a shoe-in by 2009. One poster called Irving a career back up. I just dont understand his logic.

You People make me laugh. If Price was drafted by any other team I wonder if all you Montreal fans would praise him as much as you do.

Capillarian Crest

Mar 12, 2006
Nova Scotia

I find it ironic how you bash him for "pimping" Irving in a Price thread yet in the same post you manage to throw a Pogge reference in there.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Where did I say that Irving is better than Price? man you Montreal fans are a real hoot. All i asked was how is Irving considered a career back-up and Price a shoe-in by 2009. One poster called Irving a career back up. I just dont understand his logic.

You People make me laugh. If Price was drafted by any other team I wonder if all you Montreal fans would praise him as much as you do.

i agree with you. just dont critisize their players. they dont take critisizm very well. if price was drafted by another team they wouldn't say **** about him and dont say thats not true, but if they picked brule we would be hearing how good he is non-stop. habs fans have a tendency to praise only players that play for montreal or hamilton and if you dont, you have to be drafted by montreal to be a good hockey player. just take a look at the calder the calder trophy 07/08 thread. the only players habs fans are mentioning there are kostitsyn (ineligible now) and grabovsky and i think i have seen halak's name there aswell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad