Carey Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
...because this thread is about the Ottawa Senators prospects right?

How could the Senators pick Price, picked 5th overall, when they had the 9th round pick?

I haven't posted about Lee being a future Norris trophy winner.

The sens were not able to draft Price, but they wanted to...

And one more time, the poster said that Price COULD win the Vezina because of his skill set. He never said that he WILL win it.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
I'm not sure I would take Fleury over Price as I'm not high at all on him.
But I sure would take Lehtonen, Rask, Toivonen over him...

Finland is a great goalie school these day it would seem.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Are you serious about Markov? He is a 1st d-man, and that's a star for me. Oh, and journalists hate him for some strange reason.

Ryder and Higgins aren't stars I agree, I named them because they are first line players on our team and they clearly stand out from others picks.

You're saying that the journalist hate him ? Hmm i think it's the opposite , well at least people from RDS are talking a lot about him and saying good things too .

Markov is a good player but not a Stevens, Blake , Lindstrom, Zubov . those are/were allstar D , He's a good player but just not a star like those guys.

** me i see Higgins as a futur star for what i saw so far

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
You're saying that the journalist hate him ? Hmm i think it's the opposite , well at least people from RDS are talking a lot about him and saying good things too .

Markov is a good player but not a Stevens, Blake , Lindstrom, Zubov . those are/were allstar D , He's a good player but just not a star like those guys.

** me i see Higgins as a futur star for what i saw so far

RDS journalists like him, but outside of them very few think of him as one of our best player, or they say he's not consistent enough.

And of course he is not as good as these players, they are future HOFers and are very special players.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
RDS journalists like him, but outside of them very few think of him as one of our best player, or they say he's not consistent enough.

And of course he is not as good as these players, they are future HOFers and are very special players.

I agree , think that we had the make the word star clear , and we did .

KaptainKourage*

Price have amazing reflexe and seems to be very mature for his age. His parents spend lots of money and did lot of sacrifice for him so I dont think he will blow it away, he have a good head on his shoulder.

He have the talent to win a Vezina someday. Yep, im a Habs fan, so what ?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Since when those 3 players are stars ???

Markov is a really good D but not yet a star . Just coz the MTL journalists are naming him every 5 minutes doesnt make him a star .:shakehead

Ryder , i know he was injured last year , but most of his goals come on the PP
He's a good player but i wouldnt put the star tag yet on him.

Higgins , i like him a lot he got speed a good shot and he's good along the board , he would be a good fit on every team .. but again he's not a star yet .

:shakehead

Those are all pretty solid and really good players , but people put the star tags fast when it's about players from MTL

No one of those guys are stars 'cause they're playing in Montreal. Ribeiro was a punk, total classless individual, some people want to puke when they hear his name.....and then he's traded to Dallas and had a 3-point night yesterday, and some will say that the Habs was totally crushed on that deal and that Ribeiro wasn't bad after all. Obviously we will never know about Ryder and Higgins, really believe they'll stay Habs for a long time, but watch if Markov signs somewhere else next year, just watch become a star all of a sudden.....I guess from your perspective that Patrick Roy became a star with the AVS, with the Habs, he was only plain lucky.....:shakehead

I would love for you to determine who's a star in this league and at what rank they were chosen in the draft. We might find that MOST of them were top 5, most definately top 10, how many of those picks did we have in Montreal???? And what was the timing of those picks as well, 2001 we picked 7th, but it was a bad year, and we'll see about 2005....

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
He's had a helluva start to the WHL season:

4-0-0, 2.15 GAA, .930 save % on a still below-average WHL team.

Hope to see him as Team Canada's starting goalie in the world juniors this year...

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
No one of those guys are stars 'cause they're playing in Montreal. Ribeiro was a punk, total classless individual, some people want to puke when they hear his name.....and then he's traded to Dallas and had a 3-point night yesterday, and some will say that the Habs was totally crushed on that deal and that Ribeiro wasn't bad after all. Obviously we will never know about Ryder and Higgins, really believe they'll stay Habs for a long time, but watch if Markov signs somewhere else next year, just watch become a star all of a sudden.....I guess from your perspective that Patrick Roy became a star with the AVS, with the Habs, he was only plain lucky.....:shakehead
I would love for you to determine who's a star in this league and at what rank they were chosen in the draft. We might find that MOST of them were top 5, most definately top 10, how many of those picks did we have in Montreal???? And what was the timing of those picks as well, 2001 we picked 7th, but it was a bad year, and we'll see about 2005....

Dude you're talking about Patrick Roy , THE best Goalie in the NHL history . Even a blind guy could see that the guy was an allstar , even from day one in 1986. Ok well the blind guy couldnt see it but i'm sure his dog would :sarcasm:. Being a star have nothing to do with the drafting rank . Just ask Luc Robitaille

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Excuse me but this is laughable, how this is downgrade by laughing about someone who said he's a future vezina trophy even if he never play a single game in the NHL ?

And please you OVERATED your habs scouting staff, who was the last Habs draft pick who turn as a star in the NHL I see none in the last 15Y ???

You're amongst the most anti-Hab posters on these boards. Your opinion on the Habs means zilch. Read the posts before you spew your pathetic rhetoric. Your bias is amongst the most laughable on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad