Player Discussion Carey Price - You're Richer Than You Think Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Petry at times is a very good defender and then there are times when he leaves you wanting more and that doesn't mean that I dislike the player. I feel like we are lacking a true puck-moving defenceman and that's why I wrote it.
Solid 2nd pairing guy, but he’s not great in a one on one defensively. Still for his warts he’s good value.

We need a stud back there to help us though and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Reactions: OldCraig71

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I dont like Bergevin but Domi seems pretty alright.

I was just trying to point out that the number of minutes played is not an indicator of how good a player is.

If we had a better backup he wouldn’t need to play as much.
Sorry bout that....mis interpreted what was said....too many people taking shots at Price in this thread...makes no sense to me. The brutal backups he has had, does have him playing too much...another MB fail. Let's hope Kinkaid takes the load off this year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Petry at times is a very good defender and then there are times when he leaves you wanting more and that doesn't mean that I dislike the player. I feel like we are lacking a true puck-moving defenceman and that's why I wrote it.
Petry reminds me of Jake Gardner...amazing at times, and awful at times..........period to period some nights..

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Petry reminds me of Jake Gardner...amazing at times, and awful at times..........period to period some nights..
If he could consistently be what he is when he is at his best he would be a top pairing D. He is a great skater with good playmaking abilities at times but I think that consistency is his downfall. He would, however, be a great addition to a contending team and definitely a guy that should net us a first-round pick.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price didn't make the PO. You said that.
Habs didn't made the PO....not only Price.

And yes he's the highest paid player on the team....so what. McDavid is the best paid player in the NHL.

He won 35 games in 64 starts. We’re a 100 point team last year if we had a better back up or we start Price a few extra games early. It was pretty unfortunate how badly Niemi hurt us last year. Hopefully Kinkaid can get Price into the 55-60 game range and not hurt the team when he is in net.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Petry gets brain farts at times. Very basic D criteria and he foibles it up but he has improved under Richardson. Richardson will vastly improve the D over the other guy that was there.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You really think if Price was so injured and that old he would be playing that much?
And making the PO it's not on one player but on the team. McDavid didn't made the PO even if he's probably the best player in the game today

Don't get the hate either for Price. A top rank goalie that makes big bucks,but so what? Habs have always had cap space regardless. They haven't loss anything due to him but a lack of goals. He can handle the media and pretty sure some others would not.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Like any other decent prospect, he should not play more than a single season in the AHL.

If Kinkaid falters and Primeau is doing well in the AHL, bring him up. Next year should be a development season for the whole organization.

As for Price he has a NMC so must be protected in the expansion draft, unless he choses to waive it, like MAF did. Not sure why he would do that unless he has another catastrophic season like 2017 2018.
Like any other decent prospect, he should not play more than a single season in the AHL.

If Kinkaid falters and Primeau is doing well in the AHL, bring him up. Next year should be a development season for the whole organization.

As for Price he has a NMC so must be protected in the expansion draft, unless he choses to waive it, like MAF did. Not sure why he would do that unless he has another catastrophic season like 2017 2018.
Writing is on the wall with Price.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
When you watch a Carey Price highlight and realize you forgot Gonchar played with the Habs. #55
At 0:49

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Writing is on the wall with Price.

I disagree, Price is still elite and not showing signs of slowing down. You keep your best goalie, even if he's slightly overpaid.

If his groin continues to be an issue, then we're stuck with him as no team will take him.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I disagree, Price is still elite and not showing signs of slowing down. You keep your best goalie, even if he's slightly overpaid.

If his groin continues to be an issue, then we're stuck with him as no team will take him.
Which argument would you like me to respond to? He’s elite or fragile?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Which argument would you like me to respond to? He’s elite or fragile?

He’s played 60+ games in two of the past 3 seasons, and the year in that span he was hurt, he was still one game shy of 50, not that it matter with how bad the team and he was that season. That’s not fragile. He does make me nervous at times that he could go down, I understand that fear from fans. But really, he had a really bad injury in 15/16 and the rest has really been overblown. He’s been a workhorse for the majority of his career.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He’s played 60+ games in two of the past 3 seasons, and the year in that span he was hurt, he was still one game shy of 50, not that it matter with how bad the team and he was that season. That’s not fragile. He does make me nervous at times that he could go down, I understand that fear from fans. But really, he had a really bad injury in 15/16 and the rest has really been overblown. He’s been a workhorse for the majority of his career.

Is this you extrapolating or someone from the medical staff actually told you? How would you know which and what injury has been overblown?

I'm legitimately curious, not trying to start an argument.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I agree! But if he goes down? We are doomed. That’s my only contention. We built a team around a goalie, which is problematic IMO. Nothing against Price as a player.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I agree! But if he goes down? We are doomed. That’s my only contention. We built a team around a goalie, which is problematic IMO. Nothing against Price as a player.

You play the cards you're dealt.

It's not like we had an Austin Matthews or Connor McDavid and packaged them in a trade to get Price. We have Price - and we're trying (and have been trying) to build the best team around him. Nothing wrong with that.

Different paths to success.

We may be vulnerable if he goes down but that's not much different than most teams if they lose their #1 goalie and/or best player.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Curious how Price starts this season. He was arguably the worst goalie in the NHL in his first 20 games and played like his MVP year for his last 46 games. Considering he finished the season healthy, he should have a much better October and November this time around.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He won 35 games in 64 starts. We’re a 100 point team last year if we had a better back up or we start Price a few extra games early. It was pretty unfortunate how badly Niemi hurt us last year. Hopefully Kinkaid can get Price into the 55-60 game range and not hurt the team when he is in net.
Price cost us a few himself early. This wasn't something that was exclusive to Niemi.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Love seeing our goalie hiking with his father, firmly grounded in the moments with family. As he is with the Habs family when he dons our hallowed Jersey. Hope all our players whose fathers are still with them, have the opportunities to share their love & remember those precious moments forever. This for all people, particularly our Habs family reap that love dearly at each opportunity. Oh yeah and let's win #25 in style as always Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Love seeing our goalie hiking with his father, firmly grounded in the moments with family. As he is with the Habs family when he dons our hallowed Jersey. Hope all our players whose fathers are still with them, have the opportunities to share their love & remember those precious moments forever. This for all people, particularly our Habs family reap that love dearly at each opportunity. Oh yeah and let's win #25 in style as always Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
Tell 'em buddy :yo::yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad