Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Putting up a 12-13-4 record, 2.60 GAA and .917 save % looks pretty average, but when you factor that is with guys like Alzner, Jordie Benn and Joe Morrow playing in the top 4 D and logging over 19 mins a game it makes those stats look a lot better.

i don't believe this nonsense one bit.....we have a backup goalie who we got FOR FREE who is consistently putting up BETTER numbers then Price and he is playing behind the same damn team!!.....Lindgren did it too early in the season

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

*steps up to and taps wand on podium*

CAREY PRICE SUUUUUUUCKS!

CAREY PRICE SUUUUUUUCKS!

he can barely be expected to stop the puck,
all his supporters blame his performance on our luck,

or on the defence,
or on karl alzner,

or on the hyp - no - CLOOAAAAAD

CAREY PRICE SUUUUUUUUUCKS!

He doesn’t suck. That 5th goal confirmed what was obvious, and that’s his confidence is shot. He could potentially make us look terrible for trading him, but I think that’s what needs to happen sooner then later. Our franchise needs a complete reset and Price is one of the pieces that needs to go.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He doesn’t suck. That 5th goal confirmed what was obvious, and that’s his confidence is shot. He could potentially make us look terrible for trading him, but I think that’s what needs to happen sooner then later. Our franchise needs a complete reset and Price is one of the pieces that needs to go.
If he went somewhere else and won cups it wouldn't make us look terrible anymore than the Kessel to Pittburgh deal did. We need to start over and for that to happen it makes perfect sense to deal away players like Price, Max and Weber. They're all good pieces that can help other teams win but they won't win here because this club's a mess.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If he went somewhere else and won cups it wouldn't make us look terrible anymore than the Kessel to Pittburgh deal did. We need to start over and for that to happen it makes perfect sense to deal away players like Price, Max and Weber. They're all good pieces that can help other teams win but they won't win here because this club's a mess.

You’re right. Bad phrasing on my part.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
IMO
Price is playing like he’s sick and tired of having to bail this team of lazy, over rated whiners out every game.
It’s almost as if he’s letting everyone else on the team prove their worth, and they’re all failing very badly. He also seems tired of saving Bergevin’s ass constantly.
When Price plays like a god, the whole team, including MB, get a free pass for their lacklustre efforts.
When Price lowers his intensity, the spot light shines on the others and shows them for what they are. Lacking.

Problem is the Fans that think Price should carry the team to the Cup every night, even though he’s getting zero help and support from the rest of the club.

Should change the title of this thread to, “Carey Price- The get off my back edition”

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Hey I have this new found theory of mine.

If I may.

Could it be possible that Price was MAD upset when they got rid of Subban?

Subban named Galchenyuk and Price amongs the people he kept in touch with.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

If I may.

I’m sure he was disappointed to see Subban go but Price said in a interview that Man Mountain was his best friend in the team.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

If I may.

Then why would he choose to stay here if he is that unhappy?

You don't make an 8 year commitment if your not happy playing here, just to go out there every game and sulk like a baby

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The problem with Price is that it's well known he's not a hard worker outside the rink. The guy has relied on his incredible talent a lot so far in his career. But the most successful players are those with talent who also work hard. Price cashed in and checked out. Plain as day for me. No olympics for NHL athletes, big contract, no reason to try eh !? Who cares about being professional after having signed a lifetime contract with the team that drafted you and relies on you. Certainly not fans on HF boards so it's all good. People on this board make excuses for him and say "the team sucks so why would he try ?" well, he has 10,5M reasons to be professional every day and be an example for everyone else around him. It's not his job as a player to look at the work his GM has done and give up. I find the effort he has put in this season and more importantly this off season to be laughable and pathetic. There is no reason or excuses for his pathetic level of play this season.

I remember when the team won a few in a row after he came back, and he just completely mailed it in against Edmonton. Looked like he didn't even care. Not sure how the team should react around him when that happens. What a leader eh!? Or how about the time when he was having this psycho smile on his face being all happy about his fun time in the net after the outdoor game loss. It's one thing to stick it to the medias for criticizing his attitude, but what kind of leadership is that ? Another comment I found to be poor leadership "Q:What was the difference tonight? A: Claude Giroux. ". You know what else was a difference that night ? Price. He sucked and he was out dueled by the other goalie again that night. Maybe look at yourself and stop blaming the entire world around you for your failings.

Guy always seemed to care a lot more about Olympics than playing hockey for the Montreal Canadiens. I wish he had gone to the O this year. I could have used a break from seeing him mail it in. It's no secret I've never liked the guy as a person or player. And this season is just more fuel to the fire of my dislike of him. Hopefully he has some pride left and rebounds next year. But if he just waits for things to happen because of his talent, he won't rebound. He's at the age where players who aren't and haven't been professional decline pretty hard.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The problem with Price is that it's well known he's not a hard worker outside the rink. The guy has relied on his incredible talent a lot so far in his career. But the most successful players are those with talent who also work hard. Price cashed in and checked out. Plain as day for me. No olympics for NHL athletes, big contract, no reason to try eh !? Who cares about being professional after having signed a lifetime contract with the team that drafted you and relies on you. Certainly not fans on HF boards so it's all good. People on this board make excuses for him and say "the team sucks so why would he try ?" well, he has 10,5M reasons to be professional every day and be an example for everyone else around him. It's not his job as a player to look at the work his GM has done and give up. I find the effort he has put in this season and more importantly this off season to be laughable and pathetic. There is no reason or excuses for his pathetic level of play this season.

I remember when the team won a few in a row after he came back, and he just completely mailed it in against Edmonton. Looked like he didn't even care. Not sure how the team should react around him when that happens. What a leader eh!? Or how about the time when he was having this psycho smile on his smile being all happy about his fun time in the net after the outdoor game loss. It's one thing to stick it to the medias for criticizing his attitude, but what kind of leadership is that ? Another comment I found to be poor leadership "Q:What was the difference tonight? A: Claude Giroux. ". You know what else was a difference that night ? Price. He sucked and he was out dueled by the other goalie again that night. Maybe looked at yourself and stop blaming the entire world around you for your failings.

Guy always seemed to care a lot more about Olympics than playing hockey for the Montreal Canadiens. I wish he had gone to the O this year. I could have used a break from seeing him mail it in. It's no secret I've never liked the guy as a person or player. And this season is just more fuel to the fire of my dislike of him. Hopefully he has some pride left and rebounds next year. But if he just waits for things to happen because of his talent, he won't rebound. He's at the age where players who aren't and haven't been professional decline pretty hard.
Cool story..................and yet his team mates tell the world, he is the real leader of the team...

Face it, he is sick and tired of carrying this sad sack team, and it's GM.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Cool story..................and yet his team mates tell the world, he is the real leader of the team...

Face it, he is sick and tired of carrying this sad sack team, and it's GM.

Ah yes, what a leader...... we need more players like that who get tired of carrying their teammates despite having never gone that far in the playoffs.

Reactions: bluetib

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No, not at all, it always amazes me, how some on here, know everything.....you somewhat seem like one of the many that don't even watch the games...

Anyone with a different opinion than you "acts like they know everything" and doesn't watch the games, got it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anyone with a different opinion than you "acts like they know everything" and doesn't watch the games, got it.
We have one of the best goalies in the game, according to hockey people......................we have nothing else they talk about.............so do you really think this seasons fiasco is Price's fault?
Watch the games......

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
IMO
Price is playing like he’s sick and tired of having to bail this team of lazy, over rated whiners out every game.
It’s almost as if he’s letting everyone else on the team prove their worth, and they’re all failing very badly. He also seems tired of saving Bergevin’s ass constantly.
When Price plays like a god, the whole team, including MB, get a free pass for their lacklustre efforts.
When Price lowers his intensity, the spot light shines on the others and shows them for what they are. Lacking.

Problem is the Fans that think Price should carry the team to the Cup every night, even though he’s getting zero help and support from the rest of the club.

Should change the title of this thread to, “Carey Price- The get off my back edition”
Basically this post :nod:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
We have one of the best goalies in the game, according to hockey people......................we have nothing else they talk about.............so do you really think this seasons fiasco is Price's fault?
Watch the games......

We have the best goalie in the game according to hockey people yet he was only voted top 3 in Vezina votes (GMs vote for that award) twice in his entire career. To be fair, he deserved a nomination one year where he didn't get it, but to continue being fair Talbot deserved a nomination last year more than him so it evens out.

In the end, I guess hockey people don't actually think Price is that good uh ? Because when it's time to back it up with a vote, they don't vote for him.

EDIT:

BTW don't mix things up by saying "Do you really think this season is Price's fault".

No I don't think that. This is clearly not a great team. But Price has been sold to us a great player by the GM, by "hockey people", by fans on HF. Great players don't play like this. Great players don't give up so easily. I'm here to destroy this myth.

Last edited:

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Just imagine our 1st round picks in the next coming years if Price gets traded:handclap:
The only way this franchise can fix It self with this terrible regime is by fluking at the draft and winning lotteries to pickup can't miss prospects. But even the oilers and sabres have showed that this doesn't work. But Hey, at least guys like mcdavid and eichel are a treat.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Are you sure it would help us ? Price is carrying us to a bottom 3 finish atm.
I agree with you 100%..

It’s sickening watching Price play.
He just sits there, in that net, instead of even trying to go up and score. It’s almost as though he thinks it’s not his job to score goals.
Lazy bastard.
And don’t even get me started about his lazy, lacklustre play on defence. When was the last time he tied an opposing forward up on the boards so the Habs could reclaim the puck... or tried cycling along with the play to break it up.
Just pathetic.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I agree with you 100%..

It’s sickening watching Price play.
He just sits there, in that net, instead of even trying to go up and score. It’s almost as though he thinks it’s not his job to score goals.
Lazy bastard.
And don’t even get me started about his lazy, lacklustre play on defence. When was the last time he tied an opposing forward up on the boards so the Habs could reclaim the puck... or tried cycling along with the play to break it up.
Just pathetic.

That was hilarious.

But go watch the Edmonton game where Price actually gives the puck away to the other team like he doesn't even care. That was even funnier !

Reactions: WickedPegJets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad