Proposal: Carey Price to the Avalanche

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
He sure looked like that yesterday

Sarcasm or not 1 game where I felt he looked great, certainly doesn't define a career.
This guy hasn't won after the second round despite how good his numbers are.
I don't feel that equates to "Best in the World". I'm not sure who that is actually.
Another guy who is great but has won nothing is Lundqvist, but he has been to the ECF 3X and finals once.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I have to agree with this.
I think Price is over rated at this point.
No, it's the opposite now looking at what most people here are saying. He's still a top 10 goalie in the league. I think he used to be overrated when people were saying he was head and shoulders above all the other elite goalies, now people are saying he's a cap dump....

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Don’t think anyone wants to touch that new contract of Price. At some point during the back half of that deal it is going to get ugly, especially with the contract being essentially buy-out proof.

if Price bounces back this year(which he probably will) and Montreal retains a chunk of it to make the number a bit less eye popping I think it would be movable

but then Montreal's retaining $3 million or whatever for the next 7-8 years for a player they don't even have anymore so they would probably want a lot more than anyone would be willing to give up

so yeah not happening

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Montreal looks at Price as the number 1 goalie in the league. Other teams look at his team crippling contract.

Other GMs won’t even start negotiating with Montreal until they retain a decent chunk of his contract. Then they will offer what they feel Price is worth. Problem is, Bergevin will look at the fact he’s retaining and try to force the other GMs to pay significantly more for him. Other GMs will counter saying it’s not their fault he is significantly overpaid, and won’t give up more.

Pretty much, if the Habs want to move Price, they better hope the salary cap jumps up tremendously within the next few years, and contracts follow suit.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Jack Hughes for Jonathan Drouin? are you nuts? I'm kidding though I have high hope on that 1st even if it may end up a top 15-10 pick. Anyway if we had Drouin he would probably play in the second line same thing with Montreal playing with bunch of youngsters.

If I were the Avalanche I would hang on to that pick. If I'm the Habs I say it's now or never.

Reactions: Spilot23

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
just compliance buyout carey when the new cba rolls in a couple years. price >>>>varly+grubs.

I can't imagine a compliance buyout passing the board on the next cba as Montreal and Chicago (Price, Weber, Toews) are about the only two teams who really need one bad and are cash laden enough to use a major one ... Perry will be done by then and don't see Ottawa or Minnesota breaking bank on Ryan or Parise.... GM's have mostly figured this out

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Olympic gold 2006?

On topic, I don't want to have anything to do with Price contract.

Referring to the NHL level only. Tournament medals are great but in North America, not looked upon like a Stanley Cup is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad