Proposal: Carey Price to the Avalanche

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I think they could probably a blue chip prospect and a 1st + for him from a team that's close to the bubble that needs goaltending (Carolina, Philly, St. Louis?)

I also know MB isn't much better at all but at least he's not handcuffed by an owner who is only concerned about lining his pockets.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I think they could probably a blue chip prospect and a 1st + for him from a team that's close to the bubble that needs goaltending (Carolina, Philly, St. Louis?)

I also know MB isn't much better at all but at least he's not handcuffed by an owner who is only concerned about lining his pockets.
No, but he's handcuffed by Price's ugly contract.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It would be kind of funny if Montreal traded 2/3 of their greatest goaltenders in the modern era to Colorado.
If fact, they would be the two greatest goalies of the Avs history :laugh:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It would be kind of funny if Montreal traded 2/3 of their greatest goaltenders in the modern era to Colorado.
If fact, they would be the two greatest goalies of the Avs history :laugh:

It’d also make us 3 for 3 of former Habs Vezina winners (anybody remember José Théodore? No? Neither do we).

Not happening though.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Habs are not going to get back what they think price is worth because of that **** contract and him have back to back down years. They will get a deal around what EK got for the sens and they will be pissed. Never going to happen.
Lol EK's a FA at the end of the year and everybody know that he wasn't about to resign with the team. Doron couldn't do much with it. He got traded as a loan.
Price have many term left on his contract,he's an elite game changer goaltender & if we really wanted to trade him we could retain round 1 to 1,5 the cap will be as an average elite goalie.
No way we get what EK got if we ever move him.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Montreal eating half the contract for Ottawa's first could help both causes, won't happen though

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Jost+ first for Price 2M retained
Or for price + hudon and avs Send a 2 yr camp dump
a dream return imo

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Habs won't trade Price if they just locked Weber into the captaincy. It means their mindset isn't into rebuilding so Price won't go anywhere.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs heading into a rebuild with arguably the best goalie in the world under contract during his prime years. Probably in both the Habs and Price's best interests to get him out of there.

I think the Avalanche are a fit because they could afford him now and post raises coming up, as well as being a team very much on the rise.

Assuming Varly is let go and assuming Grubauer doesnt step up and take the #1 spot, Price would be a dream option.

Now what would Habs fans want and what are Avs fans willing to give?

Price has a 10.5 AAV for 7 more years.

Habs are not going into a rebuild. How many times does we have to say it?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even though Price should be given the benefit of the doubt in bouncing back this year, I still think that contract is AIDS (though I understand why he got it) and shouldn't be touched by anybody. I think that contract will be a casualty of an amnesty buyout when the new CBA comes into play in the next few years.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Potential top five pick will be a controlled asset for 8+development years.

Cements Montreal to a long term rebuild, Montreal has more pressing issues than cap room.

Long term rebuild? That’s 5.25M dead cap space for 8 years! How long are they going to rebuild? Certainly not 8 years

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Montreal played the last two seasons about 10 million under the cap, what's the difference?

The difference is if, god forbid, Montreal trips over themselves and Kotkaniemi is a #1C and they get say Jack Hughes and another bad ass top 3 pick the next year.... All of a sudden that 5.25M that doesn't matter becomes a HUGE deal. Nevermind that you're asking ownership to pay 40M to a player to NOT play for them.

There is no way in ****ing hell that ANY team would retain 5M on a guy for 7-8 years. None. Even if they print money like NYR or Toronto. Nobody is paying a dude 40M over 8 years to have them gone and only getting one first round pick for that trouble.

And Carey Price at 5.25M for 7 years? He gets you a HELL of a lot more than one first round pick, unprotected or not.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Montreal played the last two seasons about 10 million under the cap, what's the difference?

It’s one season. Imagine Toronto right now with 5.25 of dead cap for the next 8 years? That’s like a solid top 4 D. No team is going to carry that much dead cap for as long as 8 years, whether they are rebuilding or not

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
It’s one season. Imagine Toronto right now with 5.25 of dead cap for the next 8 years? That’s like a solid top 4 D. No team is going to carry that much dead cap for as long as 8 years, whether they are rebuilding or not
Imagine? Zaitsev is 4.5 of dead cap space for 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad