Proposal: Carey Price to the Avalanche

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Habs heading into a rebuild with arguably the best goalie in the world under contract during his prime years. Probably in both the Habs and Price's best interests to get him out of there.

I think the Avalanche are a fit because they could afford him now and post raises coming up, as well as being a team very much on the rise.

Assuming Varly is let go and assuming Grubauer doesnt step up and take the #1 spot, Price would be a dream option.

Now what would Habs fans want and what are Avs fans willing to give?

Price has a 10.5 AAV for 7 more years.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
No thanks, our GM has done well managing the teams cap space. Would be idiotic to ruin that in one trade, no matter how good Price is. Cap space needs to be saved for Rantanen, Jost, Girard, Zadorov, Kerfoot etc.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Habs heading into a rebuild with arguably the best goalie in the world under contract during his prime years. Probably in both the Habs and Price's best interests to get him out of there.

I think the Avalanche are a fit because they could afford him now and post raises coming up, as well as being a team very much on the rise.

Assuming Varly is let go and assuming Grubauer doesnt step up and take the #1 spot, Price would be a dream option.

Now what would Habs fans want and what are Avs fans willing to give?

Price has a 10.5 AAV for 7 more years.

Weber was just named captain. What rebuild?

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Price is not arguably the best goalie in the world anymore. He was. But not anymore. Habs can keep him we are fine in net. Don't want that contract, not even a little bit. If you wanted to shell out that much money for a goalie you could get Bobrovsky for free in the summer and he is still on top of his game and not injury prone.

Reactions: HBK27 and go4hockey

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I think all that any team would offer is secondary assets (2nd, B Prospects, mid level roster players) for a goalie with a criminally high cap hit and a ton of term left. Aka not a package the Habs should be selling Price for.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Weber was just named captain. What rebuild?
Well not for long wait until I buy a Weber jersey to my dad. Everytime I buy him a hockey jersey the player gets traded. I bought him : Kovalev, Galchenyuk, Patches, Subban. I asked him which player do you want to get traded I will buy you that jersey? He said buy me a Marc Bergevin jersey :laugh:

Last edited:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
id rather not rehash it. it got closed for a reason. just know that the price wont be cheap from some fans.
Alright. I thought it was the same that one of my friend posted on fb coming from instagram page. Euhmmm this one.

Attachments

• 42970439_1850770188332886_1027955578544062464_n.jpg
    42970439_1850770188332886_1027955578544062464_n.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 100

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
We're not rebuilding... well be back contending in a year or two. Let the young guy get some nhl experience, get 1 or 2 FA & we good.
So many teams are good but just doesn't have the goalie to be champions. A true #1 Goalie is the most difficult position and most important to fill. When you have one you keep it.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The Avs literally have zero need for Price. An often injured goalie in his 30s that costs way too much money isn't even close to being a want for the Avs.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Same thing was said about EK65.
We know how that worked out.

MB isn't quite Dorion/Melnyk level, They would probably get good value.

That said, I wouldn't be interested in that contract or the cost to obtain Price. We have Varly for a year along with Grubauer and Francouz, we should hopefully be alright in goal for awhile.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Habs are not going to get back what they think price is worth because of that shit contract and him have back to back down years. They will get a deal around what EK got for the sens and they will be pissed. Never going to happen.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
MB isn't quite Dorion/Melnyk level, They would probably get good value.

They are both terrible GM's. One is a puppet, the other is an idiot. You decide which is which.

In terms of value. Goalies dont pull in nearly as good of assets. So I guess it depends on your definition of value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad