Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Most Wins On The Road (Goalie in a Single Playoff Year - Montreal Canadiens History):

2021 => CAREY PRICE (7 WINS)

1973 & 1977 => KEN DRYDEN (6 WINS)

1989 & 1993 => PATRICK ROY (6 WINS)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’ve been critical, but I don’t disappear. I judge based on the current performance and when plays like a stud I have no problem saying so. Many defended his weak performances when they were in fact weak based on things he’s done in the past. I didn’t think he’d do it again, but he has, no hater here. He’s had to play on some pretty bad teams without a lot of help. If he wins a cup here he will be one of the most deserving in Habs history.

Why always the divide? Us vs them, enjoy the ride, no one has disappeared you made that up.
Tons have disappeared. Tons show up whenever he lets in a bad goal and many rejoice in it. You may not be one of those posters but it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Difference in opinion is always allowed and should be encouraged. But there are tons of folks who show up with their "10.5 LMAO! lOLOLLLultz" type stuff. And all you have to do is look at the KK thread now. Same thing is happening there.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Tons have disappeared. Tons show up whenever he lets in a bad goal and many rejoice in it. You may not be one of those posters but it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Difference in opinion is always allowed and should be encouraged. But there are tons of folks who show up with their "10.5 LMAO! lOLOLLLultz" type stuff. And all you have to do is look at the KK thread now. Same thing is happening there.
I don’t think anyone has disappeared. They don’t have reason to comment on his poor play when he’s not performing poorly. Everyone knows Carey has been a boss these playoffs.

Reactions: azcanuck

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The awesome thing about this save was it came right after a softie. He just brushed it off and went right back to work. That was the save of the game and it might turn out to be the save of the series.
One of the best saves I’ve seen in a playoff game. The other one where he dove across the grease to get his stick on Spezza was a thing of beauty too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t think anyone has disappeared. They don’t have reason to comment on his poor play when he’s not performing poorly. Everyone knows Carey has been a boss these playoffs.
Don't worry bud, didn't have you in mind.

But yeah... there are tons of folks who come in to rip him the second he's struggled. And if we lose to Vegas or get blown out by Tampa, they will flock here again.

Reactions: nhlfan9191 and Gyfu

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Lol, me and my brother are in legit heated argument over this
But can anyone tell me if this is before or after the game? I'm convinced its before the game due to the guys body language behind carey, but my bros convinced its after the game which it could easily well be

Normally it wouldnt matter but it feels like I NEED to know, for some reason, whether carey was that amped up before a big game to the point of yelling, or if it's just the easy "oh it's just a post game celly" cuz hes happy lol
Somebody help!

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
But can anyone tell me if this is before or after the game? I'm convinced its before the game due to the guys body language behind carey, but my bros convinced its after the game which it could easily well be

Normally it wouldnt matter but it feels like I NEED to know, for some reason, whether carey was that amped up before a big game to the point of yelling, or if it's just the easy "oh it's just a post game celly" cuz hes happy lol
Somebody help!

Almost certain its before since there are no puck marks on Price's sweater.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011

Somebody help!
Definitely before the game... He's getting pumped up... After games you got the coaches, scratches waiting for fist bumps and celebrations

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I make a prediction. Whatever we win or lose the scf Price will win the conn smythe. I don't see any reality where he doesn't win the trophy.

How? This makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong I love Carey - and if we win he's definitely winning the smythe. And there's a small possibility he could win even in a losing cause - but.....have you seen Tampa?

Kucherov is flirting with ~40 points in the playoff based on his current pace. Only Gretzky/Lemieux have ever done that, and in much higher scoring seasons. Historic
Point has 14 goals already. All-time playoff record is 19 (he had 5 in finals last year fyi). He's not far behind
Vasi - great defense and team - but his stats and play have also been phenomenal. Better stats than Price.

I think if we play NYI there's a lot more room for someone like Price to win the smythe in a losing cause. Tampa, they have so many players having historic runs of their own. For Price to win the smythe, we also have to win the cup. Don't worry though - I fully expect both those things to happen :thumbu:

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I make a prediction. Whatever we win or lose the scf Price will win the conn smythe. I don't see any reality where he doesn't win the trophy.

If we make the SCF and face the Islanders, I think he wins it either way. If we're against Tampa then we'd have to lose in 7 with him being a monster to win it. Kucherov and Point just have too many points right now

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Got to take care of the Knights first. I'm superstitious and I rather focus on the most important thing. However, "IF" we reach the Finals, I say Price gets it "IF" it goes 6 or 7 games. "IF" we are blown out in 4 or 5, He don't get it

"IF" = Humble and not counting our chickens before they hatch

Reactions: BLONG7

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Price plays like god. His defensive 4 squad is a tough wall in front of him and Danault help a lot to kill any offensive circling of the puck (and winning fo). Hockey is a team sport, it need dedication from many players, it needs a system. Price is the most important piece of that team.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Price plays like god. His defensive 4 squad is a tough wall in front of him and Danault help a lot to kill any offensive circling of the puck (and winning fo). Hockey is a team sport, it need dedication from many players, it needs a system. Price is the most important piece of that team.

Yeah, with the big WOOO in the Vegas hallway and the Patches stare-down, the wink... he's more like the chef d'orchestre for this team. I would not be surprised if he leads a lot of the conversations during D meetings, and not be surprised if he were later described as the most talkative Hab on the ice. Maybe Romanov not playing as much has something to do (in part) with Price issuing audibles / directives DURING play, and Romy not being quick-minded enough to react to Price / Tom Brady.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
How? This makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong I love Carey - and if we win he's definitely winning the smythe. And there's a small possibility he could win even in a losing cause - but.....have you seen Tampa?

Kucherov is flirting with ~40 points in the playoff based on his current pace. Only Gretzky/Lemieux have ever done that, and in much higher scoring seasons. Historic
Point has 14 goals already. All-time playoff record is 19 (he had 5 in finals last year fyi). He's not far behind
Vasi - great defense and team - but his stats and play have also been phenomenal. Better stats than Price.

I think if we play NYI there's a lot more room for someone like Price to win the smythe in a losing cause. Tampa, they have so many players having historic runs of their own. For Price to win the smythe, we also have to win the cup. Don't worry though - I fully expect both those things to happen :thumbu:
I don’t see any way he can win it against Tampa on the losing end. Like you said, too many other worldly performances going on with Kuch and Vasi , only way I see the happening is if kuch is out the remainder.

However the narrative that the habs are a piss poor team being propped up by goaltending and nothing else is a hard narrative to shake, so who knows.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t see any way he can win it against Tampa on the losing end. Like you said, too many other worldly performances going on with Kuch and Vasi , only way I see the happening is if kuch is out the remainder.

However the narrative that the habs are a piss poor team being propped up by goaltending and nothing else is a hard narrative to shake, so who knows.
You can win the Conn Smythe on a losing team, but it has to be a crazy performance.

If we lost to them in 6 or 7 with Price holding the fort down as we're outplayed... yeah he could win. And there'd be a split vote on the Lightning between Vasi, Point, Kuch... Sure he could win.

But if we got blown out? Forget about it.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You can win the Conn Smythe on a losing team, but it has to be a crazy performance.

If we lost to them in 6 or 7 with Price holding the fort down as we're outplayed... yeah he could win. And there'd be a split vote on the Lightning between Vasi, Point, Kuch... Sure he could win.

But if we got blown out? Forget about it.
I don’t think so, Kuch is putting up numbers for the 80’s. I don’t think he can against Tampa assuming we lose. Obviously if we win, unless he gets injured and Allen comes in he’s a lock. If we face NYI, I think he can win it on the losing team, but what Kuch is doing is tough to beat, but I mean if he’s stopping 40 shots a game and pulls a to game 6-7 and Kuch goes cold then maybe.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t think so, Kuch is putting up numbers for the 80’s. I don’t think he can against Tampa assuming we lose. Obviously if we win, unless he gets injured and Allen comes in he’s a lock. If we face NYI, I think he can win it on the losing team, but what Kuch is doing is tough to beat, but I mean if he’s stopping 40 shots a game and pulls a to game 6-7 and Kuch goes cold then maybe.
Gretzky put up 34 points and lost to Hextall in '87. Flyers lost the series. And Kuch will lose some votes to his own teammates.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kuch got some rib damage last game. may not even be in the finals; we'll see.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Max Pacioretty: requested a trade as captain when things got tough

Carey Price: could have done the same, stuck it out with us, and now he’s going to the Cup finals

LETS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad