Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Have to say, for the first time in a long time I think we have a real pairing. Edmunson and Petry are pretty good together. I wasn't happy about the lack of offensive production vs TO but they are steady and have been good this year. That should help Carey down the stretch.

Reactions: Miller Time

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Some knew it all along.....but some are late to the party
R576da57a34cc53816680c63615dccfdd

Now the plan next year isn't to trade everyone and rebuild.....the plan to put the best team possible in front of that guy.

We might have 2-3 more good years of that Carey Price, let's not waste them like we did in the last 4 years.

Reactions: SpezNc2 and ArtPeur

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If I remember/ heard correctly, the only player of the top 17 paid NHL players that is still.playing hockey?
Price be Pricing.
Best player on team, highest paid, best clutch player, team leader.... guy deserves the $
Nuff said.

Reactions: dnl4ever

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If I remember/ heard correctly, the only player of the top 17 paid NHL players that is still.playing hockey?
Price be Pricing.
Best player on team, highest paid, best clutch player, team leader.... guy deserves the $
Nuff said.

Yeah well most of those guys are not even in the playoffs. And then you get the Leafs with 3 in that top 17-20

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Goalie Carey best goalie.

No but seriously, I'll always remember these last few playoffs — including this one — where he is standing big. Where he is without a doubt the leader. He really wants to win. Hope we can squeeze one for him.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Have to say, for the first time in a long time I think we have a real pairing. Edmunson and Petry are pretty good together. I wasn't happy about the lack of offensive production vs TO but they are steady and have been good this year. That should help Carey down the stretch.

man oh man... if we had a legit top-4 pmd LD to pair with Weber (and Chia was holding fort on our 3rd pairing), we'd have such an impressive d group.... i hope MB sees that and wakes the f up this summer to get the puck skills we so desperately need into our top 4!!!!

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Glad the team is playing well in front of Price and he's bailing them out when needed. He hasn't let in many softies either.

His goalie career is probs one of the greatest I'll ever witness, it would be a shame if he retires without a cup.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
man oh man... if we had a legit top-4 pmd LD to pair with Weber (and Chia was holding fort on our 3rd pairing), we'd have such an impressive d group.... i hope MB sees that and wakes the f up this summer to get the puck skills we so desperately need into our top 4!!!!

who's available that fits that bill UFA wise?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dougie Hamilton is available. RH shot but still worth pursuing.

OEL is on the left side. Provided he would be willing to come here, he'd be another guy we could go after.

Apart from that... get creative. That's what a GM is supposed to do. We used to have GMs who could do this.

Btw, PK Subban is in the final year of his deal. Imagine picking him up at the deadline... or imagine if Toronto picked him up. Somebody is going to take him. There's a playoff warrior.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Price is reminding me of what Fleury has been doing for years with Vegas. Taking a slightly above average team to bigger heights.
I see Price more active in the net now instead of relying on his positioning, it's nice to see the success he's having so far.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I've said it for a while now. We've got a good forward group that's up and coming. We've got Price. Add to the D and we'd be a solid team.

We're playing the Jets well but man... imagine our squad vs Colorado. The D group got 0 points vs TO into game 7. I mean that's just crazy.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I've said it for a while now. We've got a good forward group that's up and coming. We've got Price. Add to the D and we'd be a solid team.

We're playing the Jets well but man... imagine our squad vs Colorado. The D group got 0 points vs TO into game 7. I mean that's just crazy.

indeed... we aren't "far", especially if Price has 2-3 more years of this (or close to this) level of play in him... which he should.

But need to upgrade from one of Chia/Edm in a major way. That we need a legit top4 dman with puck skills is clear. Spend the money/assets needed to add a top-pairing LD, and then bank on Romanov/Fleury being able to bolster the group enough to keep Weber's minutes in check through an 80 game season, and on Poehling/Evans/Lekhonen taking the kind of strides to be solid top-9 players as soon as next year... that could work cap-wise, just means one of Chia/Edm go via expansion, Danault re-ups for ~5M and we find a home for Drouin if he doesn't retire...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

slim picking...

Alec Martinex probably fits the bill the best (mobile, reliable, multiple cup-winner), but at 34 this summer and coming off the season he just had, and being one of the top 2-3 UFA dmen available, he might be looking for one last big multi-year payday.

If he'd take 2-3 years in the 5-6M$ range, and assuming one of Chia/Edmundson goes in the expansion draft, might be worth it. wouldn't go past 3 years and definitely not over 6M$.

Ryan Murray is a cheaper and lesser quality option, but he was healthy this year, so at 27, maybe he builds off of that and is poised for career-best type year(s). 2-4 years in the 3-5M$ range i'd imagine.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Team played well in front of him this series. We were definitely the better team. So glad we don't face Hellebuyck again. He scares the crap out of me.

Price was .957 in the series coming into tonight. Coming out he's .942. And it's .935 overall in the postseason so far.

Now we move onto Vegas or Colorado. That's gonna be a whole other level of opposition. We'd better hope Petry is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad