Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Is anyone else old enough to remember Roy in 93 and all those OT games? He was dominant. Carey gave off that vibe in the first round. If he keeps it up, anything is possible!
Roy had Bellows, Damphousse, Muller and Savard, and Leclair and Carbo up front.....that's a nice forward group. Eric Desjardins and Schneider in the back....

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
As a reminder... I swore an oath, that I would release whatever the hell Troll Stomper is on those posters who question Price’s gameplay or salary. Anyone know how to activate Troll Stomper? I tried to send him a message but I couldn’t.
This oath was a result of Price winning the series against Toronto lmao

Reactions: BLONG7

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
As I've argued for years, he's worth ten mil. Always has been.

The problem has always been paying him that money and then building nothing around him. THAT was the stupid part.

The other problem with not being happy Price was making $10.5 million is the Habs always had cap space they never used (up until this season). Price’s contract in past years wasn’t holding them back from using that cap space.

Edit: maybe going forward it does but other goalies have shown they can play well into their mid-thirties, hopefully Price is the same. He gives them a chance every night to win when it matters most (in the playoffs).

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Man I hate nobody more than fans that talk shit about Price every regular season after a bad stretch. This dude shows up every playoffs and is undoubtedly our MVP every single time. Every series win, f***, every game win we have in the last decade is from Carey alone. We never support him and still made the conference finals and second round in that time.

It really puts into perspective how dominant carey is by the sheer amount of series he’s won on his back compared to the leafs who have won 0, with multiple superstar forwards.

Reactions: BLONG7

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Roy had Bellows, Damphousse, Muller and Savard, and Leclair and Carbo up front.....that's a nice forward group. Eric Desjardins and Schneider in the back....

Different era but Roy had some pretty horrible playoff games with the Habs. Some 7 to 5 wins vs Buffalo, the Games vs the Bruins were always tight checking but Roy gave up alot of softies in the playoffs. He always had one of the best defensive teams in front of him also. My friend is a Bruins fan and I told him price would probably have 3 cups if he was playing for Boston.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They’re going by playoff series I don’t think the play-in counts.

Play-in series were exclusively added to the playoffs so they should count just the same. All stats accumulated during the playoffs count as official playoff stats.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The other thing is Price really covers up players mistakes. How often do we, as posters and fans, really get down on a player for a bad play that leads to a goal. If that goal isn’t scored we usually forget about it pretty quickly. I’m sure it really gives them a ton of confidence knowing he’s back there and if they make a mistake he’s there to bail them out.

The Habs had 38 giveaways in game 6. Since the NHL started counting that stat in 2005-06 that’s the most they had. Their previous record was 30 in the regular season and 26 in the playoffs. Price was always there to help them get to OT and win it on their 2nd shot of the OT period, when the Leafs had 13.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Different era but Roy had some pretty horrible playoff games with the Habs. Some 7 to 5 wins vs Buffalo, the Games vs the Bruins were always tight checking but Roy gave up alot of softies in the playoffs. He always had one of the best defensive teams in front of him also. My friend is a Bruins fan and I told him price would probably have 3 cups if he was playing for Boston.
I agree!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
His tossing the puck down the ice a minute into the Leafs PP to start the third must had been so demoralizing. His ability to handle the puck is amazing.

A huge plus sometimes ignored. He is very good at limiting some forecheck ops, and starting the transition with his ability to play the puck

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's been awesome, but the defense has really helped him out lately too. Teams playing well and he's the undisputed MVP.

Reactions: frapp10

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-6-4_22-29-42.png

Reactions: Doc5

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
He's been awesome, but the defense has really helped him out lately too. Teams playing well and he's the undisputed MVP.

We were tough on Ducharme, but he did the right thing by overplaying our top 4 D (and not having the #5 and #6 D play together). Hopefully they won't run out of gas anytime soon.

Reactions: frapp10

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Price w his 8th career playoff SO, now 2-behind Plante & Dryden for Habs All Time lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->