Value of: Carey Price or John Gibson to Colorado

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think for starters a first-round pick, Tyson Jost and Grubauer/Francouz+

I think Colorado needs a superstar goaltender in order to be contenders.

The cost to acquire price and Gibson would be very very different first of all.

Second of all, Gibson to COL has been discussed in like 5 different threads this season already and the consensus is always this:
Anaheim has no reason to trade Gibson unless it is for a big overpayment.
While Colorado has the pieces to trade for Gibson, they do not want to overpay when Grubauer has been good enough.

/thread

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
The cost to acquire price and Gibson would be very very different first of all.

Second of all, Gibson to COL has been discussed in like 5 different threads this season already and the consensus is always this:
Anaheim has no reason to trade Gibson unless it is for a big overpayment.
While Colorado has the pieces to trade for Gibson, they do not want to overpay when Grubauer has been good enough.

/thread
This and hell freaking no to Price :laugh:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
What on earth. Am I high? I thought Colorado was getting really good goaltending the last couple years.
They're good enough. The question is "can they stay healthy" ? Doesn't look that way right now Francouz who had better numbers than Grubs last year is on LTIR. Grubauer is being overplayed because we have no capable back up goalie. A goalie like Kuemper would be perfect !

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
They're good enough. The question is "can they stay healthy" ? Doesn't look that way right now Francouz who had better numbers than Grubs last year is on LTIR. Grubauer is being overplayed because we have no capable back up goalie. A goalie like Kuemper would be perfect !

A real backup like Ryan Miller or Jonathan Bernier would be cheaper to acquire and serve the same purpose. Then we can figure out a longer term solution in the off-season.

Reactions: Spilot23

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Grubauer had a bad game, and Francouz is hurt. Overreactions aren't exclusive to Toronto and Montreal fans.

You're right, Calgary fans have been complaining too.

Really though, I can understand wanting to get a similarly capable 1A/1B situation for a playoff run but you can do a lot worse than Grubauer. Trading the farm for Gibson just doesn't make sense, and neither does the payday on Price.

Reactions: Spilot23

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I think for starters a first-round pick, Tyson Jost and Grubauer/Francouz+

I think Colorado needs a superstar goaltender in order to be contenders.

With this proposal you just got kicked and dragged outta Colorado...

Price at 50% + 1st 2021 is worth a 6th 2028, maybe. He has been that bad and he has 5 more years on his contract...

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Habs would need to retain at least 50% on Price if they want to get rid of him. Some team will definitely take a chance on Price at 5m.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Habs would need to retain at least 50% on Price if they want to get rid of him. Some team will definitely take a chance on Price at 5m.

Thats just hyperbole. "Take a chance" on Price at 5mil? If Price's contract was 5mil he'd have a ton of trade value and teams banging on MTLs door to get him.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
We don't mind Jost for Price. We'd love to see Price win a Cup :sarcasm:

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
It would be sort of hilarious if Price became Roy 2.0 with the Avs. I’m not sure he has it in him though and it’s a lot of risk for Colorado given that paycheck puts them closer to cap and Mackinnon will be looking for his cash in contract before it’s up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad