Carey Price is on FIRE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
17 yr old Carey Price recorded his 3rd shutout in a row and now has 5 on the season! Price made 48 saves for the shutout last night against Portland and is moving up the draft rankings as people have said he would. I believe he has been in some Top 10's for 2005 and is starting to solidify to those rankings. As long as he keeps it up he will be the first goalie taken in '05 and possibly in the top 5! He has great size at 6'3.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I've thought of him for a while as the top North American goalie available this year. Good to see him doing well, and hopefully he keeps it up.

X-SHARKIE

theCRAZYman said:
Good to hear. Where do you think he'll go, in the draft? Mid 1st round?

Carey Price is part of a three goaltender race right now and could go as high as just outside of the top 5? For that to happen Levasseur would have to continue to play incosistant and Rask would have to play sub-par at the WJC's.

Redline has him ranked third for goaltenders but he's at 8th overall I believe. That's the only ranking i've seen of him in the top 10, so 14-22 is a good range at the moment.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
theCRAZYman said:
Good to hear. Where do you think he'll go, in the draft? Mid 1st round?
Like we've seen before much of it will depend on the WJC's. If Rask sucks, he could go in the top 7,6, or even 5. Depends on whos picking too.

Bully73

Jul 22, 2004
Brandon
nurminen31 said:
Like we've seen before much of it will depend on the WJC's. If Rask sucks, he could go in the top 7,6, or even 5. Depends on whos picking too.
Still very early to guess where he might go - by the end of the season he might not even be considered the best goalie from the Dub any more. Granted I'm a homer, but Tyler Plante has appeared to won the starting job in Brandon and has been playing amazing lately - stole a game against Seattle a week ago with a 40 save performance and his numbers for the season are very solid. He also proved last year he can come up big under pressure as he pretty much singlehandedly took the Brandon midgets through the regional qualifiers and then to the national championship title. Look for him to rise steadily through the rankings before season end. Unfortunately, I have never seen Price play as we only get them once every two years here in Brandon, and when they came this year, they played the backup goalie.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
Carey Price is part of a three goaltender race right now and could go as high as just outside of the top 5? For that to happen Levasseur would have to continue to play incosistant and Rask would have to play sub-par at the WJC's.

Redline has him ranked third for goaltenders but he's at 8th overall I believe. That's the only ranking i've seen of him in the top 10, so 14-22 is a good range at the moment.

You should make it a 4 horse race with Alex Vincent.

in the net

Dec 30, 2002
wild west
Visit site
you have all over looked Bridges

Bryan Bridges of Seattle is the top goal tender in the whole CHL and will go first over all, 7 shutouts GAA 1.49 save % 9.36 19 wins and only 5 losses in 24 games.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
in the net said:
Bryan Bridges of Seattle is the top goal tender in the whole CHL and will go first over all, 7 shutouts GAA 1.49 save % 9.36 19 wins and only 5 losses in 24 games.

You are right!!!....what were we all thinking??? :dunno:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
in the net said:

Hi Bryan, you're good friends with Mitch Fadden right? Well my mom works with his mom.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:

Probably an obvious choice and as easy as it gets for the league.....

Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is goaltender Carey Price of the Tri-City Americans. Price earned Player of the Week honors by recording three consecutive shutout wins during the week of December 13th to December 19th. Price recorded 89 saves in the three wins and currently has a shutout string of 207 minutes and 46 seconds.

On Wednesday, December 15th, Price recorded 21 saves in a 3-0 shutout victory against the Silvertips in Everett.

On Friday, December 17th, Price stopped all 48 shots he faced in a 5-0 shutout win against the Winter Hawks in Portland. On Saturday, December 18th, Price made 20 saves in a 6-0 shutout victory against the visiting Vancouver Giants.

Price, a 17-year-old from Williams Lake, British Columbia, is eligible for the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Price is right on!

Price should be the best of the 87 goaltenders. Best puckhandling skills I've seen for a goalie his age. Has terrific technique and size. Will get much better as he matures. Might be a top 5 pick in the next draft.

Congratulations are in order for his CHL Player of the Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad